Housing question

thatnewATCguy

I begin my onboarding next week along with online basics. From what I understand the basics course is 18 days now and there will be about a week before my academy date.
How long before academy date do most people get to OKC?
I read somewhere that they only cover 1 day before of housing is that accurate?
Also do most of you guys wait until basics to reserve your housing to see who stays where?

Appreciate your input

I begin my onboarding next week along with online basics. From what I understand the basics course is 18 days now and there will be about a week before my academy date.
Also do most of you guys wait until basics to reserve your housing to see who stays where?

Appreciate your input
I flew in the day before

Appreciate your input
I drove in the day before. My academy date was very fluid, so the housing provider did a great job of working with me. Stayed at Kim’s Place and would highly recommend.

The consensus will be if you don't mind roomates go with Kim's of you want your own space and to be close to the MMAC stay at Anatole.

Appreciate your input
FAA does cover the day before.

If you are driving with reliable transportation, I would recommend staying at Kim's Place without her food package and getting in to town 2 days early. Kim (typically) lets you show up earlier than the day before if you ask for it and her rate overall is reasonable if you don't mind grocery shopping for yourself. If you play it smart with your per diem you can save a substantial amount for your upcoming move if/when you pass academy and head to your facility; or save that per diem for sneakers and watches like some of my academy-mates did.

FAA does cover the day before.

If you are driving with reliable transportation, I would recommend staying at Kim's Place without her food package and getting in to town 2 days early. Kim (typically) lets you show up earlier than the day before if you ask for it and her rate overall is reasonable if you don't mind grocery shopping for yourself. If you play it smart with your per diem you can save a substantial amount for your upcoming move if/when you pass academy and head to your facility; or save that per diem for sneakers and watches like some of my academy-mates did.
You can’t bank the housing money anymore. So the appeal of Kim’s isn’t as great.

When y’all say roommates, are they like actual same room to sleep in roommates, or like housemates and you have your own bedroom?

So Kim's sounds like a shared house. What is Anatole? Apartment style but totally by yourself?

You may know this, but hit Resources, then Housing Providers on this site. Good info
I skimmed this before but now that I've successfully jumped through the pre-employment hoops, maybe it's time to start reading about it ?

Back
Top Bottom