How often do you see a controller, yourself or coworkers make mistakes while controlling traffic?

academythrow

How often do you see a controller, yourself or coworkers make mistakes while controlling traffic? What were some of the worst mistakes that you've seen and were there any repercussions (loss of life, loss of job, suspension, etc?) ?

How often do you see a controller, yourself or coworkers make mistakes while controlling traffic? What were some of the worst mistakes that you've seen and were there any repercussions (loss of life, loss of job, suspension, etc?) ?

Bollocks journo bullshit. fu*&in' journos.

giphy.gif

Once I heard a guy say five instead of fife. Everyone gasped and time stood still for about two minutes as everyone processed what he had just done. Once it settled in, there were women screaming and babies crying. The repercussion was obviously immediate loss of life. I don't think the supe liked having to perform the execution during an arrival push, but the table of consequences is clear and an example had to be set.

It's like white socks for those of you from the military, there is one person who just doesn't care...then whammy...its fucking Benghazi

Why do people make threads with titles that are a paragraph long? It's literally just half of the post copy and pasted into the title bar.

I read an article and in the comments people saying Kobe got a special--as in "wink, wink let me call someone and use my millionaire connections special"--clearance to fly because they heard the pilot requested SVFR. Commenters were trying to blame controllers but they had no clue what the hell Special VFR even means.

I read an article and in the comments people saying Kobe got a special--as in "wink, wink let me call someone and use my millionaire connections special"--clearance to fly because they heard the pilot requested SVFR. Commenters were trying to blame controllers but they had no clue what the hell Special VFR even means.
tons of this dumb shit going around. Someone in my family is in a text chain with other family members and one of them was like "why did the controller tell him to fly over there" like he/she told him to fly into the mountain.

This is 100% what’s happening. 99% of people who heard special VFR think the chopper was given special privilege and permission to fly when things like police helicopters were grounded that day. It’s even funnier when someone calls the radio or local TV station claiming they are a “aviation expert” because they got their private license in a Cessna 25 years ago and also confuse what special VFR is.

"The field is currently IFR, sir. Do you have any *special* requests?"

One time I showed up at the wrong airport, plugged in and started working "my sector", the whole picture rightfully went to shit in about 8 seconds as I was clearing people for approaches that weren't even in this state. My "supe for the day" asked me "who the F are you?!" to which I replied "who the f are YOU?!" I then filed a grievance for working conditions; as a result NATCA was able to transfer me to a higher level facility outside of NCEPT, I washed out and was NESTED back to the facility that I inadvertently worked for a day. When I walked through the door, they saw that I was a nest graduate so they made me a supe on the spot. Next week I'm submitting ATM paperwork and if I get it, I'm going to fire the supe that questioned me.

I like to completely butcher 5 letter fixes because I think it's fucking retarded that there's no phonetical guidance when communication is the entire foundation of air traffic.
I enjoy this too. When reading clearances and I come across a fix like that I just say what seems best. How many possibilities are there for JUNEJ or whatever it is that day.

Back
Top Bottom