Ineligible for rehire because of resigning?

DJacks

Lurker
FAA
Facility
Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center
I am a former non-cpc controller. I resigned for personal reasons and have been reapplying consistently for 2 years. I was recently informed, through filing an EEO, that I have not been rehired because I resigned…That is the only reason given. I was at a center and obtained a-side before Covid and resigned before everyone was recalled. Anyone have any information that can help?

I am a former non-cpc controller. I resigned for personal reasons and have been reapplying consistently for 2 years. I was recently informed, through filing an EEO, that I have not been rehired because I resigned…That is the only reason given. I was at a center and obtained a-side before Covid and resigned before everyone was recalled. Anyone have any information that can help?
Did you make it past probation?

Maybe call HR and explain your situation and see what they say. If they don’t say anything you might want to consider getting a lawyer involved.

Did you make it past probation?
What does this have to do with anything? Only reason I ask is that I'm in a similar situation, just never cared to reapply again. That being said, I was told (without verifying) that if you resign from your job before reaching full CPC then you were deemed as a "training failure", which in the hiring process is a way they disqualify you.

I am a former non-cpc controller. I resigned for personal reasons and have been reapplying consistently for 2 years. I was recently informed, through filing an EEO, that I have not been rehired because I resigned…That is the only reason given. I was at a center and obtained a-side before Covid and resigned before everyone was recalled. Anyone have any information that can hedid

Ots or prior experience bid?

I know a previous experience bid controller get picked up wash out of their first tower, nest list and then quit the second tower before cpc. Now filling out paperwork to get back in the agency. Anything is possible

I know a previous experience bid controller get picked up wash out of their first tower, nest list and then quit the second tower before cpc. Now filling out paperwork to get back in the agency. Anything is possible
Once you’ve been certified somewhere you’re like on another level. If you fail at your first FAA facility and don’t go to the nest you are dead to the FAA.

Don't go back. You'll have to work with people like this ☝🏻(aka toxic asshole's lol) again.

I was a prior experience hire at an up/down. Finished in the tower and quit (with a resignation letter) about a month or two into starting radar training on the floor. Husband was getting stationed in Japan for 3 years, so I wasn’t going to do that long of distance. Started a DoD job in Japan, and then when our 3 years were up there I reapplied on a prior experience bid and was picked up right away with a good list of choices. I would for sure look more into it.

I was a prior experience hire at an up/down. Finished in the tower and quit (with a resignation letter) about a month or two into starting radar training on the floor. Husband was getting stationed in Japan for 3 years, so I wasn’t going to do that long of distance. Started a DoD job in Japan, and then when our 3 years were up there I reapplied on a prior experience bid and was picked up right away with a good list of choices. I would for sure look more into it.
Can you DM me? I have questions for you!!

Back
Top Bottom