Medical Lasik

I had it done two years ago. They pulled my medical for a week. Had the procedure on a Friday, had 20/15 vision at my follow up on Saturday. Back to work doing admin duties Monday. 7 day follow up appointment the next Friday morning. Doctor filled out the FAA paperwork. I submitted it that morning and had my medical back that afternoon. I'm very glad I did it.

I took a week off. I forget what was required though (if it was less). Another guy I work with had to be on the eyedrops for longer and they forced him to take almost 3 weeks off. LASIK was the best thing I ever did... highly recommend it.

Quick question on this. I'm new to the FAA so I dont really know who I would even talk to about doing it. Is this something I just go to my supervisor or what? I'm very interested in getting it as well

Quick question on this. I'm new to the FAA so I dont really know who I would even talk to about doing it. Is this something I just go to my supervisor or what? I'm very interested in getting it as well
Yeah... Either have tour supervisor call, or you yourself can call and talk to the flight surgeon for your region. They'll give you all the forms and details you need.

However long it takes you to get another eye exam so far as I know, and of course depending on how long you need to be on the eye drops. Those are more the disqualifying factor I would guess.

I had it done while a controller in the Navy. The flight doc said my recovery would be two weeks at maximum, but I was able to drive a car and see 20/20 vision perfectly the following day after sleeping for 12 hours from all the pain meds. It's been almost 6 years now and my vision is 20/20 on a good day and 20/25 on a bad day.

Man I would have done it in the air force but they DNIC you for like 6 months after you have the surgery...

Man I would have done it in the air force but they DNIC you for like 6 months after you have the surgery...

I did it in the AF in 2010 or 11. Only DNIC’d 6 weeks. Got it done just before ALS. 6 weeks was the minimum time, assuming you have issues in any follow up appointments

I did it in the AF in 2010 or 11. Only DNIC’d 6 weeks. Got it done just before ALS. 6 weeks was the minimum time, assuming you have issues in any follow up appointments
damn. that would have been the perfect time to do it. maybe it was 6 weeks not 6 months. either way manning is shitty where i'm at so they wouldn't sign off on it anyway.

Back
Top Bottom