Leaving NATCA outside January

Sure did, call and email! I actually engaged and gave reasons as to why I got out, and it was the same shit spewed over and over. They didn’t actually listen.
I recently expressed what I considered to be constructive criticism of NATCA and they gave me the whole spiel about how I was “lucky to have a job because NATCA prevented the agency from implementing furloughs, RIFs, etc.” Meanwhile, the agency is still pumping out academy grads and handing out age waivers to anyone who applies for one; kind of hard to take the union seriously on that claim.

I recently expressed what I considered to be constructive criticism of NATCA and they gave me the whole spiel about how I was “lucky to have a job because NATCA prevented the agency from implementing furloughs, RIFs, etc.” Meanwhile, the agency is still pumping out academy grads and handing out age waivers to anyone who applies for one; kind of hard to take the union seriously on that claim.
Got a guy at my facility going on his 5th waiver. 61 and controlling ?

It’s not like that everywhere. Everyone one I’ve ever heard of has been denied.

Got a guy at my facility going on his 5th waiver. 61 and controlling ?
Could he be patco? He would have been 21

Remember when NATCA backed privatizing the NAS? I do. It's one thing I'll never forget. How leadership thought this was a good idea is crazy.
Went to a union thing where Rinaldi was passing the torch to Santa and I asked if there were plans to continue to push for privatization. This was after NAVCAN laid off all their trainees and started closing towers. Rinaldi was adamant that wouldn't happen here, that the door was still open for privatization, and we needed a seat at the table. Santa didn't go that far and tried to give a much more political answer, but was still very clearly for it.

Only reason I'm still in is because my local leadership has been good, national can go to hell.

Local leadership is what matters imo. We had a good rep, bad rep, then a good one again who has consistently stepped up against management’s BS. Several people quit over masks and whatever else, but more consistently our local is strong and has saved us from pretty crummy management overreach. If the bad rep had stayed, I would have quit likely.

Went to a union thing where Rinaldi was passing the torch to Santa and I asked if there were plans to continue to push for privatization. This was after NAVCAN laid off all their trainees and started closing towers. Rinaldi was adamant that wouldn't happen here, that the door was still open for privatization, and we needed a seat at the table. Santa didn't go that far and tried to give a much more political answer, but was still very clearly for it.

Only reason I'm still in is because my local leadership has been good, national can go to hell.
Im not for or against privatization but if you are the national rep and you see the onslaught from politicians to try and privatize, then you demand over 100 items on the initial bill, which those politicians, even the ones who are not union friendly deliver for you, what would you do? Realistically? Honest question, would you just say absolutely not?

Im not for or against privatization but if you are the national rep and you see the onslaught from politicians to try and privatize, then you demand over 100 items on the initial bill, which those politicians, even the ones who are not union friendly deliver for you, what would you do? Realistically? Honest question, would you just say absolutely not?
So do they serve the politicians or the members

So do they serve the politicians or the members
Members. But they are just supposed to say no without question even though it might kill the union? There is zero understanding from the workforce that this might be their best play as a union for their members.they can’t tel you we were given no choice it’ll kill them and who ever takes over their position that they are in effective. Also we don’t have much bargaining since we can’t strike.

But people can’t adequatly maneuver filing out a grievance for a skipped overtime by aome idiot manager. yet they know best about the national poitics involved with their union? Give me a fucking break.

Local leadership is what matters imo. We had a good rep, bad rep, then a good one again who has consistently stepped up against management’s BS. Several people quit over masks and whatever else, but more consistently our local is strong and has saved us from pretty crummy management overreach. If the bad rep had stayed, I would have quit likely.
Local leadership is important for quality of life at work. But it seems like they aren’t even told anything from the top of the union anymore. They were just as blindsided when the contract was extended for example.

It’s convient. Something happens. And we ask the local leaders. And they don’t know. Then it just kind of dies out. Everyone is nice and insulated

Back
Top Bottom