Leaving NATCA outside January

If they are in training yet or if they want to transfer and there’s an actual shot they can transfer then suggest them staying the course. If they are fine finishing out their career wherever you work I don’t know why they would be scared…
Sounds like plenty are tired of being sheep and are sick of NEB.
Think that February panel was a coincidence…..I’m guessing not with the timing of when 1188 were due by, get people scared and collect another years dues.
1st paragraph spot on.
2nd paragraph is 50/50 because the first part is naive. There’s nothing sheepy about collective bargaining. We’d be much worse off without it. Second part seems to be very true.
3rd paragraph is the dumbest post on the internet so far this week.

Touché I’ll be a black sheep then

What percentage of those are actually from Georgia? Be interesting to see data from around the whole country. Where did you find that data?
If people’s words are to be believed, A80 had roughly 33% of the CPCs (26 people) submit paperwork this past January. That would make roughly 45% of the CPCs/TMU not in the union.

As far as the people who work at A80 actually from Georgia, I’d say it is roughly 10-15% of the CPCs with roughly 20-25% from the southeast.

how many peeps quit NATCA!? How can we find out this info? OFC Santa Claus is hiding this info deep within the bowels of the John "the Bull" Carr conference room at 1325 Massachusetts Ave NW # 1, Washington, DC 20005 .

I heard 30 or 40 courageous controllers quit at AZO alone! is this tru?

giphy.gif

how many peeps quit NATCA!? How can we find out this info? OFC Santa Claus is hiding this info deep within the bowels of the John "the Bull" Carr conference room at 1325 Massachusetts Ave NW # 1, Washington, DC 20005 .

I heard 30 or 40 courageous controllers quit at AZO alone! is this tru?

Ki
Does the natca website show the amount of current members? If so, then cross reference that in a month or so when they update those that just left.

I am curios too, I have heard lots of anecdotal reports of places like AZO, ZOA, NCT, Springfield and others losing dozens of people or as high as 1/3 of the membership. Technically they are all still BUEs, so any report would have to differentiate between that and a paying member.

Maybe they'll learn something when their pocket books start hurting
I've heard from someone involved that "if 10% of the membership quit it would cause 'significant' changes. Not anything positive, they just wouldn't be able to waste money like they do."

Although how can we hurt em if they keep adding contract towers? Like the FAA, if we quit, they'll just replace us with someone else.

At a 12, every member is about $2000 no locality. At a 4, every member is about $1000. Given that’s a lot of money walking out the door, it’s interesting to see how NATCA reacts. Maybe buy us more pizza?
Maybe so, but if that doesn't work they'll just call the leaving members bigots and hopefully the public shame will reel non members back under the unions boot

I've heard from someone involved that "if 10% of the membership quit it would cause 'significant' changes. Not anything positive, they just wouldn't be able to waste money like they do."

Although how can we hurt em if they keep adding contract towers? Like the FAA, if we quit, they'll just replace us with someone else.
Either way you'd be saving money so let the union do what the union do. I personally don't care what they do anymore I just show up do my work then go home

Don’t worry about the contract towers, contract towers pay one hour per pay period in dues, and usually have 7 or less people. NATCA don’t give a fuck about them and makes virtually no money off them. Also it’s extremely rare that a NATCA contract tower controller becomes a leader in NATCA or contributes extra time or money to NATCA.

Anyone know if we can now look up and see how many people left the union? NATCA is not going to publish it, especially if it was 7-10% as is rumored. Someone said if you submitted the paperwork in January you were still a member until March 1st. Now that it’s into March maybe if you go to your union portal site and look up facilities it will show the updated % of membership in each facility? I know it reported that in the past, maybe it’s redacted now like NCEPT and NEST meeting minutes lol.

Anyone know if we can now look up and see how many people left the union? NATCA is not going to publish it, especially if it was 7-10% as is rumored. Someone said if you submitted the paperwork in January you were still a member until March 1st. Now that it’s into March maybe if you go to your union portal site and look up facilities it will show the updated % of membership in each facility? I know it reported that in the past, maybe it’s redacted now like NCEPT and NEST meeting minutes lol.
I'm not 100% sure if it's current for March yet but they still show membership data

The member search database is not up to date yet, at least for my facility. Someone in my facility that submitted the paperwork in January is still showing as a member.

Back
Top Bottom