Mick Devine - FAA Stole It. This Is How We Get it Back!

I like how he’s already planning for Title 49 arbitration. No way the FAA gives us a 30% raise but you might be able to arbitrate it, all the data shows it’s justified like he says.
30% is not even a pay raise, but merely an inflation adjustment. We need immediate 50% and 20-25% over 4 years, minimum.

It sounds like a lot, but only because we are already so far from where where should be.

30% is not even a pay raise, but merely an inflation adjustment. We need immediate 50% and 20-25% over 4 years, minimum.

It sounds like a lot, but only because we are already so far from where where should be.
As much as I’d love for that to happen, you need to come to the realization that the odds of that outcome are slim to none. 20% over 4 years could be possible with some other pay incentives (cip for all, Saturday diff, etc), but no way the government signs off on immediate 50% and 20-25% over 4 years. They’ll say “we don’t have the money for that, how about this instead” and natca will say ok bc at the end of the day, we don’t have any real leverage to utilize.

As much as I’d love for that to happen, you need to come to the realization that the odds of that outcome are slim to none. 20% over 4 years could be possible with some other pay incentives (cip for all, Saturday diff, etc), but no way the government signs off on immediate 50% and 20-25% over 4 years. They’ll say “we don’t have the money for that, how about this instead” and natca will say ok bc at the end of the day, we don’t have any real leverage to utilize.
This is why they should have pushed to get it into the reauth instead of doing the FAAs job for them

Agreed, but this is also the same agency that refuses to push ABACUS, delayed CRUART replacement, and fought CRWG. 🤷‍♂️
Yah but in reality it’s Congress. Idk it just seems like raise for retention and stuff like that goes hand in hand with more staffing but they don’t even talk about it

Federal Law enforcement (except Bureau of Prisons) have a part of their OT used in their high 3. So there is federal precedent.
This is my thing. Start by getting every single benefit that exists in the gov. Student loan repayment this one anything you can find.

Idk how hard it would be but if they could get rid of mandatory OT and the No list meant No it would quickly be known the true state of our staffing issues. As long as that bandaid is there no one will truly know outside of the occasional deal.

Idk how hard it would be but if they could get rid of mandatory OT and the No list meant No it would quickly be known the true state of our staffing issues. As long as that bandaid is there no one will truly know outside of the occasional deal.
All you’d have to do is let DCA (a shitty, busy land-locked airport) go ATC zero one time and you’d have the attention of all of DC.

They [congress] literally held up the Reauth Bill because they wanted to know how they could work in some literature that allowed them to get in and out of DCA faster.

Well of course it won’t happen, but it’s what we should be fighting for.

Wish some more people would resign so we had good data to gain a retention pay. But it’s not happening

The Agency has zero money, again they have made this plain in every meeting I’ve been in. Also, people are transferring, not resigning, to go DoD or other LOB’s.
It’s the government. they aren’t gonna give you money you don’t need. If you need it then you ask for more.

Back
Top Bottom