Mike Whitaker Town Hall - Wed May 1 @ 2 pm

The "positive" to this is that we now have somewhat definitive proof that Whitaker has little to zero intention of actually listening and responding to feedback/concerns submitted by controllers to the FAA in the manner that they specifically asked for. We played by their rules and asked a tough question stated as reasonably as possible.

We also now more or less now know that NATCA National is "collaborative" in the same way someone with an open drink was collaborative with Bill Cosby. At this point NATCA is mostly feckless and unable or unwilling to push the issues with any sense of authority; much more hat-in-hand pleading than actual negotiation/bargaining.

Maybe we need to start convincing the OT scavengers at our facilities to ease off the gas for a pay period or three.

Quitting Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS

The "positive" to this is that we now have somewhat definitive proof that Whitaker has little to zero intention of actually listening and responding to feedback/concerns submitted by controllers to the FAA in the manner that they specifically asked for. We played by their rules and asked a tough question stated as reasonably as possible.

We also now more or less now know that NATCA National is "collaborative" in the same way someone with an open drink was collaborative with Bill Cosby. At this point NATCA is mostly feckless and unable or unwilling to push the issues with any sense of authority; much more hat-in-hand pleading than actual negotiation/bargaining.

Maybe we need to start convincing the OT scavengers at our facilities to ease off the gas for a pay period or three.

Quitting Cedric The Entertainer GIF by CBS
I've said multiple times, I do not advocate for anyone to get started in this career. If you are at a 4 to 7 with no hope of leaving you should quit. This isn't getting better for you. If you at less than 10 years in the agency and can find another job, you should leave.

The one rebuttal I could make is that it was pretty clear someone in his office read and screened and combined the questions. It's not like he personally made the decision to ignore yours.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut 130-something questions isn't all that many. Obviously he's a busy person but if he wanted to put the effort into listening to employee feedback he definitely could have screened them all himself ahead of time. So in the final analysis I think you're right.

I've said multiple times, I do not advocate for anyone to get started in this career. If you are at a 4 to 7 with no hope of leaving you should quit. This isn't getting better for you. If you at less than 10 years in the agency and can find another job, you should leave.
I’ve definitely been considering it. Stuck at a mid level facility 10 hours from home for 7+ years now. Spouse is a pilot and makes double my salary and is home way more. Tempting to find something else that lets me travel on off days

I’ve definitely been considering it. Stuck at a mid level facility 10 hours from home for 7+ years now. Spouse is a pilot and makes double my salary and is home way more. Tempting to find something else that lets me travel on off days
I would leave, I used to be at a blackhole facility and I quit and I'm at a better place now. This job ain't worth it, go be happy.

I would leave, I used to be at a blackhole facility and I quit and I'm at a better place now. This job ain't worth it, go be happy.
If you don't mind me asking, where do you work now?

I'm only 4 years in & it really sucks because I wanted to be a controller SO BAD but my level 7 is boring af with only 1 busy position that I never get to work bc of constant training and I'm really sick of "mandatory" 6 day work weeks. If I can't get out in the next 1 or 2 years I'm legit considering quitting. Already been looking.

Be a stew?
Go fly and build your ratings and hours?

I think it’s also important to note that this guy claimed he was “working with NATCA” on the fatigue/schedules nonsense which was a complete and total LIE, and yet a day later, there’s been absolutely no response or follow up from the union whatsoever. All we’ve gotten from NATCA is a bunch of social media posts from their latest dues-funded vacation (AKA: “nAtCa In WaShInGtOn”). And virtually every post has just been a campaign ad for the Democrats they probably paid as guest speakers. Oh and of course Rich Santa looking like a socially awkward clown in a suit that’s 2 sizes to big. What a fucking joke.

Back
Top Bottom