MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

Yeah so the psych makes their report and recommendation and sends it to whoever your Tier 2 POC is and then they forward it to the Chief Psychologist in DC where they evaluate the report and pretty much give their recommendation (or denial). If DC denies it, then you're out but there's way to appeal. After all that and you get recommended , I believe the flight surgeon still has to sign off but if your evaluator and the DC team think you're suitable, I'm sure you'll get signed off. After all that, then it's just another drug test
Any idea how long it takes for the DC psych to make a recommendation/denial ? My psychologist said she finalized my report and sent it up to DC around November 22nd.

Any idea how long it takes for the DC psych to make a recommendation/denial ? My psychologist said she finalized my report and sent it up to DC around November 22nd.
I have no clue since your eval was before mine so I'm guessing it takes a month or two, judging by others experiences in the thread. Most likely depends on your evaluating psych's caseload. Mine said she would send the report out to DC by the end of November and then it's just waiting to hear if you're recommended or denied.

Was just told I am officially medically cleared and finished with everything. How long does it take to receive a FAA list from HR? Do they send lists out monthly or is it random?

Tier 2 notification August 4th 2021 for the prior experience bid that closed March 2nd 2021. Anybody else here get tier 2 for that bid? And if so have you recieved anything as far as scheduling an eval? I’m sure there are plenty of people ahead of me, I’m just hoping that it doesn’t take multiple years for this to go through. Seems like the process is getting expedited quicker now compared to a year or two ago which gives me a little hope.

Tier 2 notification August 4th 2021 for the prior experience bid that closed March 2nd 2021. Anybody else here get tier 2 for that bid? And if so have you recieved anything as far as scheduling an eval? I’m sure there are plenty of people ahead of me, I’m just hoping that it doesn’t take multiple years for this to go through. Seems like the process is getting expedited quicker now compared to a year or two ago which gives me a little hope.
The Tier 2 process is nearly universal in terms of waiting and process whether you're OTS, CTI or Prior Experience. Your bid doesn't matter, what matters is the order the Tier 2 team receives your case across all bids. If you got the Tier 2 Notification, you basically just have to wait for emails. You have to wait for someone from the Tier 2 team to email you and give you a psychologist in your area then give you 7 days to SCHEDULE your evaluation with your assigned psychologist. Your appointment can be whenever they're available, you just have to email your Tier 2 POC of that date. Keep going back further in this thread to get a good idea of how long you can expect to wait and what to expect of the process in general.

Just be patient and look for a DOD/Contract job in the meantime. I just got everything finished and am waiting on my FAA list and I’m from Prior Dec. 2018 Bid

If you read @MLGMCL's timeline; he had his Tier 2 appointment end of August, fully cleared Tier 2 end of October, had his medical physical and drug test refresh in November, fully medically cleared and waiting for list in December.

Anecdotal evidence obv but looks decent

Expect a 1-2 year wait.

Just be patient and look for a DOD/Contract job in the meantime. I just got everything finished and am waiting on my FAA list and I’m from Prior Dec. 2018 Bid
Congrats and dont forget to post your list. A few of us are right behind you ?

Will do. How often do they send out lists? Wondering if I’ll get mine before the holidays… it’s been a long ride!
It really just depends tbh. All government basically shuts down 17 December until 03 Jan this year. A safe bet would be first or second week of January

It really just depends tbh. All government basically shuts down 17 December until 03 Jan this year. A safe bet would be first or second week of January
That’s definitely true now because I was just told by HR my security clearance has expired. So one more thing to do before getting a list. Got to love this Tier 2 process. The most unorganized and drawn out hiring process ever.

So unfortunately I was let go from a job that I worked at for 6 weeks because they needed someone with a little more experience/value than I had.

Is this something I would need to update the FAA on for the security clearance? I'm currently in the tier 2 process. My psych eval file was received in DC about 3 weeks ago.

I checked back through all my security paperwork and it only says I need to update the FAA on drug/alcohol related matters. But then again I don't want it to appear that I'm hiding anything.

So unfortunately I was let go from a job that I worked at for 6 weeks because they needed someone with a little more experience/value than I had.

Is this something I would need to update the FAA on for the security clearance? I'm currently in the tier 2 process. My psych eval file was received in DC about 3 weeks ago.

I checked back through all my security paperwork and it only says I need to update the FAA on drug/alcohol related matters. But then again I don't want it to appear that I'm hiding anything.
Nah man you're good

Dont quote me on this but its an interim clearance, not a full fledged security clearance. Requirements for it are much less strict and it more or less lapses over time or unless you commit some serious crime/major debt/DUI etc.

Doesn't the security clearance have to get updated though every couple of years? As in, you have to fill out that SF-86 form again?
I asked my security poc before about change of departments or jobs after eQIP and he said no need to update since they have no affects of the security processing. Not sure if they're the same idea though

I

I've had a similar situation and from my understanding if you are not leaving a current government position then you should be fine but to just notify your security contact.

I've had a similar situation and from my understanding if you are not leaving a current government position then you should be fine but to just notify your security contact.
Yeah I’m just gonna let my security poc know now before it comes out later. I don’t want it to appear I failed to disclose anything, especially something minor like this.

Last edited:
Yeah I’m just gonna let my security poc know now before it comes out later. I don’t want it to appear I failed to disclose anything, especially something minor like this.
I'm sure a lot of us have changed/quit jobs during the time we've been waiting. You only have to worry about disclosing new jobs at the reinvestigation period which I think is 7 years. I went to a new job and started two self employment side hustles months and transferring to a different college after submitting the SF-86 and the security contact said they only need to have us disclose this stuff when your time comes to do the SF-86 again.

I just received an email from Hope that my case is complete. Their team has reviewed my file and forwarded the recommendation to the medical team. She didn’t say what is was but I am confident that there was not an issue. I responded to her email and received an auto reply, she’s out of office until 3 Jan.

My psych eval was 11/9/21 so roughly 6 weeks. Can’t believe it’s over. I’m from the May 2019 bid

Last edited:
I just received an email from Hope that my case is complete. Their team has reviewed my file and forwarded the recommendation to the medical team. She didn’t say what is was but I am confident that there was not an issue. I responded to her email and received an auto reply, she’s out of office until 3 Jan.

My psych eval was 11/9/21 so roughly 6 weeks. Can’t believe it’s over. I’m from the May 2019 bid
My eval was 10/23. Hoping I’m coming up soon….I’m from the July 2017 bid haha

Back
Top Bottom