MMPI-2 Tier 2 Process

DubDub69

Genuine question. Is there even 100 of us? Lol They say its about 10% so from 2020-2021 there would be around 150. I know there were some from earlier bids but dang. It really seems like they aren't doing anything with Tier 2
I have honestly wondered the same thing. I know of 2 other people who I worked with that are also tier 2 from the same bid as me, so I’d say 150 total seems about right. But things go so slow that eventually they are gonna be like 5+ years behind.

PopTart

This tier two bullshit needs to be reworked. How many mentally unfit people is it really catching vs delaying people/discouraging people from continuing all together? I wish you all the best of luck.
Here's a link to a paper the FAA put out on Tier II and MMPI:
It's been a while since I read it but I believe it's estimated that 11% of people get flagged for Tier II. I thought it gave a percentage for how many get disqualified altogether, but I don't remember.

PopTart

How long after Tier 2 eval should I expect to get notified if I cleared or not? I had my eval on March 4th
Mine took 35 days. I was expecting two months. I looked at the people on this forum and decided that 2 months seemed about average. But I suppose average doesn't mean much in this process after the three years I've been in it.

TLaVoie

Mine took 35 days. I was expecting two months. I looked at the people on this forum and decided that 2 months seemed about average. But I suppose average doesn't mean much in this process after the three years I've been in it.
This is so frustrating lol

Jcowl

Anybody here have experience with getting a contract tower gig after finding out tier 2'd? Can we use our flight physical from our CIL or do we have to get a whole new physical done? Time limit maybe on how long they last?

PopTart

Anybody here have experience with getting a contract tower gig after finding out tier 2'd? Can we use our flight physical from our CIL or do we have to get a whole new physical done? Time limit maybe on how long they last?
As far as I know, most of us go contract. You need a different Class II medical. The one for the FAA is slightly different. They have to be renewed yearly.

caseycim

I know there is no definitive timeline for this but I received my first e-mail from Hope from Tier 2 coordination last week. What do some of your timelines look like - from receiving first e-mail to setting tier 2 appointment ?

ATCJoyce20

I know there is no definitive timeline for this but I received my first e-mail from Hope from Tier 2 coordination last week. What do some of your timelines look like - from receiving first e-mail to setting tier 2 appointment ?
My official Tier-2 notification from HW was March 26th, 2021. Notification to schedule appointment was February 14th, 2022.

DubDub69

Tier 2 notification was 7/12/21. Still waiting for my turn to schedule an appointment.

PRCCRP

I just had my psych eval and took the mmpi again and answered some questions and was done. The psych did ask for a reference and they would call who I listed. What do they ask?

Top Bottom