Mutual Swaps with new MOU

Yes, because both facilities would need to be at above the national average in staffing. If one of the facilities is under the average, no mutual swap will be happening.

It wasn't stated that way in the MOU, but you know, they do what they want. I've had several people confirm what stinger said.
FAA and NATCA's policy on 'rules'
whatever-i-do-what-i-want.jpg

I was on the NCEPT page this morning, and they've got the meeting minutes from the last couple meetings. This one from June was interesting. Had the topic about swaps come up, and they basically wrote it's needed to have another meeting to decide how they want to incorporate swaps at some point in time. So in September it will be revisited.

I was on the NCEPT page this morning, and they've got the meeting minutes from the last couple meetings. This one from June was interesting. Had the topic about swaps come up, and they basically wrote it's needed to have another meeting to decide how they want to incorporate swaps at some point in time. So in September it will be revisited.
If you look at the 1st NCEPT minutes, they basically said the same thing. They kicked the can down the road during the first NCEPT and then did it again on the second. I wouldn't hold my breath on a conclusion coming next panel.

Last edited:
For what it's worth, when we met with LeBovidge, he referred to swaps as a "loophole" they were trying to close.

Gotta say, I'm not impressed with this LeBovidge guy.
Agreed, I'm still shocked how anyone could sign off on the ERR MOU with good conscience, but I guess it's easy to when you're sitting at an 11 or 12 at the top of the band and have no intention of going anywhere.

I've been getting the runaround on a swap for months.... which is shitty because the local level union and management on both ends is willing to sign off on it. Anyone have any luck with this yet?

I've been getting the runaround on a swap for months.... which is shitty because the local level union and management on both ends is willing to sign off on it. Anyone have any luck with this yet?
Why is it being denied?

Why is it being denied?

Well the facility im trying to get to is 2 percent (equals about 1/3 a cpc) below the national average. 1 guy within a month of cpc and 6 other trainees within the year of checkout from what I understand. Retirements at both facilities later in the year so we are trying to get it done and it's being held up at the regional level. Been in limbo since March or early April. Have had 3 convos with the sw RVP no help above the local level from NATCA aside from keep applying so it can be rejected

Well, he's the rvp who's screwing you in the first place, so don't expect help from him. Only thing I say is to file a grievance, because as far as I know it's not spelled out anywhere that swaps are subject to the err mou. That's what they are doing however. Most likely the swap will never be approved, unless no one ever wants to err out of either facility, because the staffing levels will always be pushed down to the avg by the err process.

If your ATM really wants to fight for you, he could try to push it through to the district manager for an exception.

Well, he's the rvp who's screwing you in the first place, so don't expect help from him. Only thing I say is to file a grievance, because as far as I know it's not spelled out anywhere that swaps are subject to the err mou. That's what they are doing however. Most likely the swap will never be approved, unless no one ever wants to err out of either facility, because the staffing levels will always be pushed down to the avg by the err process.

If your ATM really wants to fight for you, he could try to push it through to the district manager for an exception.
Ya.... Grievance is my next step. I don't want to go there but I will if need be.

So.... Gonna revive this thread and see if I can get some info.

My swap Finally was "accepted" by management (both facilites have the staffing numbers to permit the swap). No one on either end really seems to know what happens from here. Has anyone gotten this far? What happens now? Do we need to wait for the next NCEPT to get more info or will we get paperwork sooner than that? I mean Ideally, I'd like to get something solid done quickly before someone up and retires or something crazy like that happens.

So.... Gonna revive this thread and see if I can get some info.

My swap Finally was "accepted" by management (both facilites have the staffing numbers to permit the swap). No one on either end really seems to know what happens from here. Has anyone gotten this far? What happens now? Do we need to wait for the next NCEPT to get more info or will we get paperwork sooner than that? I mean Ideally, I'd like to get something solid done quickly before someone up and retires or something crazy like that happens.
I think you're in uncharted territory bro. All this "transparency" must be obscuring the rules.
I don't think you need to wait until an ncept. I'd call HR to find out how to get the ball rolling. I don't know how helpful your ATM is, but I'd talk to him too. Keep us updated, I'm sure it'll be helpfull to others.

Back
Top Bottom