NANTUCKET

I think it's crazy that people are passing on AZO with it being common knowledge that it's gonna upgrade. Shouldn't be too difficult to leave after staffing stabilizes since I imagine it'll be a MI ERR hot spot for the people not wanting the Detroit area.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. People have been waiting years to leave and there's going to be a backlog of training.

I worked at the tower on MVY, which the island next to Nantucket. Finding a place to live isn’t that difficult as most people that own houses have blue collar jobs and rent rooms or basement apartments to help pay their mortgage. It’s a great place to live and controllers usually get to fly space A for free on Cape Air flights so it’s easy to get to the mainland.

I’d highly recommend AZO over ACK though just because it’s getting upgraded and like others have said, it’ll be much easier to move around to other facilities.

Yeah, the low check out time is for sure a plus. If I can find somewhere to live on the island by Monday I'll probably pick it. If not its either AZO or SBA. While both of those have around a 2 year check out time.
SBA is an awesome facility and it’s a great town. I have a really close friend that works there. You’d probably be a little better off getting housing in Golita, Ventura, or Oxnard.

It’s an up/down that isn’t that busy, so I think it’s a very good first facility. Especially if you’re single. College town. Good night life.

Back
Top Bottom