Prior experience question

mayhaps

In training as a cpcit, I have 1 position left and I'm certified. But I'm having a few personal issues that are going to persist after/if I cpc. Considering just quitting and returning if I'm able to resolve the issues.

If I do quit, I don't want to go the reinstatement route. I have a feeling my current facility will probably hold a grudge. And I wouldn't blame them.

I would just apply for the prior experience bid and get a list of places at or below my original facility correct? Assuming I'm actually rehired...

In training as a cpcit, I have 1 position left and I'm certified. But I'm having a few personal issues that are going to persist after/if I cpc. Considering just quitting and returning if I'm able to resolve the issues.

If I do quit, I don't want to go the reinstatement route. I have a feeling my current facility will probably hold a grudge. And I wouldn't blame them.

I would just apply for the prior experience bid and get a list of places at or below my original facility correct? Assuming I'm actually rehired...
Yeah pretty much. Gotta wait a year from separation or they’ll just give you your previous facility.

If you leave before certifying. You can't apply on the prior experience as you haven't had 52 weeks of controller live traffic.

Atleast thats how I read what you've said.

If you leave before certifying. You can't apply on the prior experience as you haven't had 52 weeks of controller live traffic.

Atleast thats how I read what you've said.
He's a CPC-IT so he probably does have 52 weeks of post certification experience (still possible he doesn't though)

Being CPC-IT changes things. Can't you just withdraw from training and either return to previous facility or get a NEST list? Or is that only the special N90 and C90 placements?

Being CPC-IT changes things. Can't you just withdraw from training and either return to previous facility or get a NEST list? Or is that only the special N90 and C90 placements?
I believe I could. But the issue isn't with the facility. Just a bit too much going on outside of work.

And yes I was certified in the past for longer than 52 weeks. So I'll go with what ajmezz said and assume I'll just get my previous facility or a nest list if I'm gone for more than a year.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom