NATCA Email COVID-19

Big NATCA is fighting for reduced staffing, no trainees, no non essentials, proper wipes and hand sanitizer, etc. They're also fighting for Admin leave if you have a Dr. Note telling you to self quarantine. Unsurprisingly seems as if agency is pushing back on every level and denying legit things left and right.

Do not put your family at risk because of some Ill advised low level bureaucrat making things up that havent been negotiated!

Also it is many peoples belief that working under social distancing and during a pandemic counts as hazard pay. 25% premium. Discuss!
well are they going to give us admin leave if we are trainees that aren’t sick? If not that’s fucked up

well are they going to give us admin leave if we are trainees that aren’t sick? If not that’s fucked up

IMO they should yes. Trainees that cant work live air traffic should not be coming g to work in a state of emergency when all leaders are calling for max social distancing. If you have some positions that's different obviously.

For those of us being forced to work in unsafe proximity to each other, they should have masks and make them mandatory while on position. Even shitty surgical masks if nothing else, since anything is better than nothing. The U.S. guidelines of only wearing masks if you're sick is bullshit when you may not know if you're sick for 2-3 weeks. Every other country in the world: everyone wear masks! Here- nah it's cool.

Who has midway on their coronavirus bingo card? Hope everyone is alright there.

If anyone knows them, make sure they get a public health official to order them to quarantine so they can get admin leave. It's a very sane and useful policy to not just grant people that test positive the admin leave.

IMO they should yes. Trainees that cant work live air traffic should not be coming g to work in a state of emergency when all leaders are calling for max social distancing. If you have some positions that's different obviously.
I mean I can d side during a huge traffic reduction lol.

I’m starting to think the agency just wants thousands of workers comp claims at this point. We are eligible if we get infected at work. Their inaction and ignoring of CDC guidelines is negligent. Everyone should take notes of your work conditions.

And when MDW goes ATC Zero then the FAA might finally see what is very possible to happen anywhere and wisen up. Then again, maybe I’m dreaming

And when MDW goes ATC Zero then the FAA might finally see what is very possible to happen anywhere and wisen up. Then again, maybe I’m dreaming

I think the agency has their heads in the sand with this, but they also might realize that it spreading through at least all the major facilities is inevitable. they aren't going to just shut them down out of the "abundance of caution" that everyone seems to love to talk about.

itll take a major tracon or ARTCC. A tower going ATC zero is the most manageable because it can still run as an uncontrolled airport. A large tracon or even more so a center? That’s when it’ll really hit the FAA that their “contingency planning” has been worthless

I think the agency has their heads in the sand with this, but they also might realize that it spreading through at least all the major facilities is inevitable. they aren't going to just shut them down out of the "abundance of caution" that everyone seems to love to talk about.
It’s relatively unavoidable but there’s zero reason non-essentials should be in the building right now. Traffic is in steep decline and they’re still pushing training down throats... Handle the traffic and worry about certifying someone once this passes

itll take a major tracon or ARTCC. A tower going ATC zero is the most manageable because it can still run as an uncontrolled airport. A large tracon or even more so a center? That’s when it’ll really hit the FAA that their “contingency planning” has been worthless
What are we going to do tho? We have to stay open at some capacity. We still have civil defense and the military. Freight will keep flying(and frankly needs to for the recovery)

It’s relatively unavoidable but there’s zero reason non-essentials should be in the building right now. Traffic is in steep decline and they’re still pushing training down throats... Handle the traffic and worry about certifying someone once this passes

God damn I wish our traffic was in a steep decline. We were pushing borderline summer traffic numbers all this last week. Hopefully it starts to slow down now.

And I agree, get the non-essential people out of the building. They're just another vector for transmission. I don't give a shit if they get a month or two off work for free.

What are we going to do tho? We have to stay open at some capacity. We still have civil defense and the military. Freight will keep flying(and frankly needs to for the recovery)
Yes that’s true. But there’s no reason why there needs to be assloads of D side or A side trainees or office staff sitting around, or mandating there be at least one D side in the area within your 6 foot bubble. If you have wipes or sanitizer, there’s no mandate of periodic cleaning. And not encouraging admin leave for sick people to stay home is ridiculous. There’s plenty of room for mitigation from the agency, yet here we are.

God damn I wish our traffic was in a steep decline. We were pushing borderline summer traffic numbers all this last week. Hopefully it starts to slow down now.

And I agree, get the non-essential people out of the building. They're just another vector for transmission. I don't give a shit if they get a month or two off work for free.
Steep decline was maybe an exaggeration lol but 20% reduction from SWA, 50% by UAL, 40% from DAL, etc. Its coming

EWR traffic hasn’t let up at all yet, but they told us today that’s going to change in the next few days. TEB departures rivaled Thanksgiving for a while, but I don’t know if that was because spring break time of year or “escape from New York”

Back
Top Bottom