NATCA Email COVID-19

I understand that. What I was saying about two weeks is that it doesn’t do any good to simply give someone two weeks of excused absence just because they feel they are at risk. We’re all at risk and unless you actually have it, have recently travelled to a high risk area or have come in contact with someone who has then you should use your own sick leave. Period.

You’re talking about two different things here...everyone has the same “risk” of getting it. Meaning everyone will likely get it over the course of the pandemic, and most will be just fine and be able to recover with minimal use of sick leave. The other risk is that some people have conditions that predispose them to a more severe, potentially deadly reaction when/if they get it. If they have provable verifiable medical info (by a doctor) to back this up, they should absolutely be granted admin leave to stay home. In fact agency guidance confirms this should be the case.

Old facility has a guy on vacation in India now, transiting back through Singapore ?

You’re talking about two different things here...everyone has the same “risk” of getting it. Meaning everyone will likely get it over the course of the pandemic, and most will be just fine and be able to recover with minimal use of sick leave. The other risk is that some people have conditions that predispose them to a more severe, potentially deadly reaction when/if they get it. If they have provable verifiable medical info (by a doctor) to back this up, they should absolutely be granted admin leave to stay home. In fact agency guidance confirms this should be the case.

If a doctor prescribes me disqualifying medication and I take it then I am using my sick leave. Nobody actually knows exactly how someone will respond to getting it. Your coworkers don't want to be at work anymore than you do.

Self study is okay. Basically it's just sit in the training room, watch Netflix on phone or tablet, order stuff from Amazon, and when your trainer or someone from mgmt walks in, just fumble fuck with that 7110.65 binder to cover that shit up and no one suspects a thing.
It was ok at first but we've been upstairs for d-side school for 5 weeks now and in that time all we've done is draw our maps and RPO for refresher training, there's only so much Netflix one can watch week in and week out, I don't even bother hiding my phone anymore.

As long as they know their LOA's and stuff then I couldn't care less what I see a trainee doing during self study. It's a different story, though when you ask them the most basic questions after they've had weeks to prepare and just utter silence while they stare at your nipples.

What I was saying about two weeks is that it doesn’t do any good to simply give someone two weeks of excused absence just because they feel they are at risk.

Yeah, I get that. Now IF—big if—they did an immediate and total worldwide lockdown that might stop the spread. I'm talking everyone, wherever you are, stop work and be home by 6am tomorrow morning and you don't leave home for ANYTHING until two weeks from now. If grandma dies of the virus or anything else, put her in the backyard and deal with it when you get out.

I think that's the only thing that would actually stop it. Obviously that won't happen, so now we have to slow the spread as best we can.

As long as they know their LOA's and stuff then I couldn't care less what I see a trainee doing during self study. It's a different story, though when you ask them the most basic questions after they've had weeks to prepare and just utter silence while they stare at your nipples.

Seriously, 9 months into tower training:
Q: "What's the separation with this VFR taking off westbound from intersection A (lol like the intersection even had anything to do with it, but you know, keep 'em on their toes) and the visual approach into the satellite 5 miles west?"
A: "Well that visual approach is IFR, so (10 second delay)...5 MILES!"
Q: "5 miles? Really? Would you bet your paycheck on that?"
A: "1 mile?" (as a question)
Q: "WTF?"

If a doctor prescribes me disqualifying medication and I take it then I am using my sick leave. Nobody actually knows exactly how someone will respond to getting it. Your coworkers don't want to be at work anymore than you do.

Huh? Taking a disqualifying medication and becoming non-op has nothing to do with being covered under one of the CDC high risk categories for this. Two totally different things.

Q: "What's the separation with this VFR taking off westbound from intersection A (lol like the intersection even had anything to do with it, but you know, keep 'em on their toes) and the visual approach into the satellite 5 miles west?"

He was just about to do that.

Huh? Taking a disqualifying medication and becoming non-op has nothing to do with being covered under one of the CDC high risk categories for this. Two totally different things.

Okay. Look, I get it. You want the next several months off, excused. Good luck.

I remember that ?

Big NATCA is fighting for reduced staffing, no trainees, no non essentials, proper wipes and hand sanitizer, etc. They're also fighting for Admin leave if you have a Dr. Note telling you to self quarantine. Unsurprisingly seems as if agency is pushing back on every level and denying legit things left and right.

Do not put your family at risk because of some Ill advised low level bureaucrat making things up that havent been negotiated!

Also it is many peoples belief that working under social distancing and during a pandemic counts as hazard pay. 25% premium. Discuss!

Back
Top Bottom