NATCA Email COVID-19

GulfCharlie

Comrade Commissar
FAA
Facility
Command Center
Brothers and Sisters,

The NATCA staff, the members we represent, the great work we do, and the airspace system we safeguard are of the utmost importance to us. As the situation with COVID-19 changes by what feels like the minute, we are trying to make the very best decisions with the information we have at the time, while also trying to influence good decision-making with our FAA counterparts.

With that said, we have established an open line of communication with the FAA at the national level. We are participating in daily calls with FAA leadership to address concerns and identify mitigation procedures, as well as protocols in the unfortunate event that one of our co-workers is exposed to, or worse, infected by COVID-19.

As we engage in our discussions, we have been relying on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines. These discussions are ongoing and, in light of the rapidly changing information, will continue to evolve and change as we move forward.

We have and will continue to advocate for approved COVID-19 disinfectants for local cleaning crews to use on all surface areas, with particular attention to the common areas of offices and facilities. Additionally, we have requested the FAA make available disinfecting cleaners/wipes for use in shared workspaces, such as air traffic control facilities, by controllers when they assume or are relieved from an operational position.

The FAA is currently posting requests for proposals from local companies to provide professional disinfecting services of offices/facilities in the unfortunate event someone has been infected by COVID-19.

Please become familiar with and adhere to this guidance from the CDC on steps to prevent illness: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html.

As many of you are aware, our annual NATCA in Washington event was scheduled for March 22-25. Due, in part, to restrictions on Capitol Hill visits and large gatherings in Washington, D.C., it is with great disappointment that we will be postponing this year’s event until later this year. There are very limited opportunities for rescheduling the event due the congressional calendar, national elections, and availability of conference space. However, we believe there are dates that allow us to be on the Hill at a crucial time for many of our legislative priorities.

The COVID-19 situation is certainly unprecedented. As with all other challenges we have faced, this too will take focus, communication, professionalism, and decision-making that is reasonable and responsible.

One of the greatest things about the NATCA family is our unity and determination to always be there for one another. Let us not forget this as we maneuver through this challenge.

In solidarity,

NATCA National Executive Board

Listen folks, I understand the humor portrayed in the jokes and trolling.

But let’s try to keep the discussions of particular threads on the topic they were created under.

Listen folks, I understand the humor portrayed in the jokes and trolling.

But let’s try to keep the discussions of particular threads on the topic they were created under.
What’s it matter. We were already told by management in a building of 400+ that they cannot get any more hand sanitizer bc it’s on backorder and the wipes we have were provided by controllers. Meanwhile there’s a huge ass purel dispenser completely empty, and has been empty for roughly a year hanging underneath a huge monitor with instructions on how to wash our hands. Another reactive stance that will be a complete nightmare.

What’s it matter. We were already told by management in a building of 400+ that they cannot get any more hand sanitizer bc it’s on backorder and the wipes we have were provided by controllers. Meanwhile there’s a huge ass purel dispenser completely empty, and has been empty for roughly a year hanging underneath a huge monitor with instructions on how to wash our hands. Another reactive stance that will be a complete nightmare.
That’s weird we have like 50 purel dispensers around the center. Always full.

do you have any of the weekend world travelrs sniffling in position next to you? Mass sickouts I imagine are coming very soon. last 24 hours has been an inflection point

Some dude in the tower upstairs is suppose to be on a 30 day self quarantine after the cruise he got back from, but he’s showing up to work and mgmt isn’t/can’t do a thing about it..... leave it to the damn tower flowers to expose us all

holy shit is this for real? That is a nightmare. Give him paid leave who cares if its a scam. You have dead beats criminals who lose their medical and don't work for years as it is. Are people refusing to work w him? Do you guys have an old fashioned "drop tube" ? It makes me furious just knowing controllers are at risk and it seems no one is taking a leadership role and being proactive. Impotence.

holy shit is this for real? That is a nightmare. Give him paid leave who cares if its a scam. You have dead beats who get multiple DUIs and don't work for years as it is. Are people refusing to work w him? Do you guys have an old fashioned "drop tube" ? It makes me furious just knowing controllers are at risk and it seems no one is taking a leadership role and being proactive.

Yes, it’s for real. No drop tube, thankfully. I barely see the tower people except in about a 15yd walk from the guards to their elevator, so I don’t know if people are refusing to work with him upstairs or what. Just found out about it today.. I mean we all have to walk through that damn cest pool of a terminal everyday anyway so..

Yes, it’s for real. No drop tube, thankfully. I barely see the tower people except in about a 15ft walk from the guards to their elevator, so I don’t know if people are refusing to work with him upstairs or what. Just found out about it today

what a selfish asshole. probably the most entitled sedentary slob in the facility. Augustus galoop in the oversized chair leering at anyone who questions his contagion like Harvey Weinstein.

Like I said, if you're making 6 figures, you'd have to be a real financial turd to not have an emergency fund.

lol. Dude this could easily be its own 10 page thread but suffice it to say capped out controllers (192k+) were making GoFundMe pages before we even lost a check during the govt shutdown. You cant shame the shameless. Unless youre eleigible to retire you cant just not come to work or defy the weaklings telling you everything is fine, you can only burn all of your leave. So its more a leave balance question than nestegg. What does it matter what your bank account looks like if you are gonna kill your parents and grand parents because the guy who likes debauchery on the Royal Princess is selfish and will infect a whole facility somewhere!

Speaking of mischievous children: Hey FightingIrish2012 where have u been and how do u feel about the Covid email? Is there hand sanitizer available at your facility? #BestJobinTheWorld
Best job in the world my dick. It is a crazy situation, if it is real or media hype it changes the world regardless. We will see what happens next if a ATC facility is infected.

Best job in the world my dick. It is a crazy situation, if it is real or media hype it changes the world regardless. We will see what happens next if a ATC facility is infected.
Not even gonna take that... Once the kids start staying home from school this is gonna turn into a shit show real fast up and down the agency with sick hits, let alone people actually being sick.

I was told if I remain calm the temps will warm up and this will just self correct though, no need to get excited this is all a hoax.

I take the subway to work every day so I should be fine, right? I Rudy Gober'd the shit out of everyone's headsets on my mid last night and I've been posting strips with my mouth when nobody's looking, just to be safe. I'm not gonna be the only controller benefitting from unlimited vacation, we're all brothers and sisters so let's start acting like it and share.

Idk about anyone else but my facrep told us today if you get it, 14 days excused absence. If your spouse/family member gets it you can use any kind of leave for 14 days. If you get sick from taking care of them, unknown.

Back
Top Bottom