NATCA Email COVID-19

Doesn’t CFR 121 prevent air carriers from operating VFR?

They cannot seriously pretend it’s fine to have anyone other than absolutely NEEDS to be there, there. I’d say this if I was essential too. What a freaking embarrassment and the agency looks like morons to everyone and they really hate that

They cannot seriously pretend it’s fine to have anyone other than absolutely NEEDS to be there, there. I’d say this if I was essential too. What a freaking embarrassment and the agency looks like morons to everyone and they really hate that
What’s the difference? Maybe we should only have the corona positive people work.

EWR traffic hasn’t let up at all yet, but they told us today that’s going to change in the next few days. TEB departures rivaled Thanksgiving for a while, but I don’t know if that was because spring break time of year or “escape from New York”

When your traffic count hits 0, that would be a good time to move you guys off Long Island

Efffff that... They get to sit there and collect 25% hazardous pay because they are slobs that like to travel... Hard no.

they are debaucherous selfish egotistical heathens.

So now we have a precedent, positive test and facility closes. Placing bets on when this happens at Center or major Tracon!? I'll go w Friday. MDW has a uniquely disastrous effect on SWA as it is.

Cancel OJTI, go to minimum staffing immediately. Dark days ahead.

People are actually departing MDW using the CTAF. Shits crazy lol
BWI got struck by lightning a few years ago that shocked the TMU who was on the landline (actual thing, not the shitty Facebook group suck n fuck). They went ATC-0 for hours. SWA would call us on finals freq, we would give them clearance into Class Bravo at or below whatever, and they would get the IFR in the air. Don’t think it was legal, but we moved some planes at least

What’s the difference? Maybe we should only have the corona positive people work.
I’ll do some weird things for that 25% hazard pay. Gang! Gang!

Apparently non-essentials are being asked to work from home tomorrow to “test” how well teleworking could be implemented.

Probably should be doing more than testing at this point. Of course, contractors and trainees are exempt, so hundreds of people will still be showing up to ‘self study,’ draw maps, or run 1 problem a day in the lab. Then the rest of the non-essentials will probably all be back on Thur. anyways.

NY set up a drive thru testing center not too far from me. I’m going tomorrow. I don’t feel sick or anything like that but 2 weeks admin leave quarantine sounds lovely
I'm hoping this is just a joke but in case it isn't, for the love of god please don't waste anyone's time even trying to get tested if you aren't experiencing any symptoms or haven't had contact with someone who is or has tested positive.

Back
Top Bottom