IMG_7829.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7830.jpeg
    IMG_7830.jpeg
    126 KB · Views: 496
  • IMG_7831.jpeg
    IMG_7831.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 493
PHF has a 100% checkout rate short checkout time if you want tower only. If you want a up/down I CAE and RFD are 100% as well. Something to consider since consecutive training failures gets you booted.

NEW. In a good spot with being able to release. Turning into a revolving door. Quick and easy qual nice work schedule

HEF, CPS, AGS, CAE, not in that order. You want a quick turn around to certification then to NCEPT.
Nah fam, if you're looking for a quick turnaround, you don't go to an up/down. AGS has a 2.58 year training time. CAE is almost 1.5 years. Even if you can train quicker, you have to account for how long it's going to take to train the AG that needs to certify before you can release.

Enell a lot of these guys are steering you wrong but I'm here to say it all depends on what you're looking for. If your goal is to get in and get back out in the NCEPT world, go to DAY. Quickest turnaround in the NAS. I'm not there nor have I ever worked there but I know a few people who have so I have no vested interest in your decison. If you have been certified at a tower before, you'll be certified within a month. If you're washing from a center, it will probably take 3 months. But the old guys there are making level 8 money from the days before the radar went to CMH so they don't want to leave. There's basically 0 competition to leave and they can release pretty much every panel. My career would look vastly different had I started there than where I did. If you can't get over the idea of living in Ohio for a year, pick a tower only where you want to live that has a short training time/high success rate and you can't go wrong.

If you respect yourself, you’ll listen to the ones recommending DAY or PHF. Get the guarantee and go to somewhere impossible to wash from so you can continue in the career, gain some experience, then try for more.

You know me as HH, once upon a time you trained me. I'm sorry things didn't go your way. I support what these guys say about DAY and I'm actually very good friends with the facrep there. Very chill guy I was in the AF with. I assume you want to stay in Cali but if you're interested in Texas or DAY pm me.

PHF has a 100% checkout rate short checkout time if you want tower only. If you want a up/down I CAE and RFD are 100% as well. Something to consider since consecutive training failures gets you booted.
Phf has 1 trainee and 3 more on the way with only 9 cpcs and 5 trainers. Please don't! Any other time we'd love to have someone. We are full. I don't even know why we're on any lists.

Nah fam, if you're looking for a quick turnaround, you don't go to an up/down. AGS has a 2.58 year training time. CAE is almost 1.5 years. Even if you can train quicker, you have to account for how long it's going to take to train the AG that needs to certify before you can release.

Enell a lot of these guys are steering you wrong but I'm here to say it all depends on what you're looking for. If your goal is to get in and get back out in the NCEPT world, go to DAY. Quickest turnaround in the NAS. I'm not there nor have I ever worked there but I know a few people who have so I have no vested interest in your decison. If you have been certified at a tower before, you'll be certified within a month. If you're washing from a center, it will probably take 3 months. But the old guys there are making level 8 money from the days before the radar went to CMH so they don't want to leave. There's basically 0 competition to leave and they can release pretty much every panel. My career would look vastly different had I started there than where I did. If you can't get over the idea of living in Ohio for a year, pick a tower only where you want to live that has a short training time/high success rate and you can't go wrong.

This... Go for the quick turn around check out and GTFO. And pretty much all up/downs take years and their staffing won't let you go quickly. Keep that in mind when you turn in your nest list.

This... Go for the quick turn around check out and GTFO. And pretty much all up/downs take years and their staffing won't let you go quickly. Keep that in mind when you turn in your nest list.
This is true, avoid the up/downs unless it’s a city you want to stay in. Anyone else old enough to remember when the really old timers would say “go to any radar facility you can, even a level 5, you need to get that “radar ticket”, then anywhere will be happy to take you” lol.

People said that even into the start of NCEPT era when the movement was based 100% on who can release and who was picking up, 0% on qualifications, experience or a “radar ticket” lol.

Yupp.. if I could go back I would pick tower only for my first assignment. Level 5-7 Up/downs are where you go to die

This is true, avoid the up/downs unless it’s a city you want to stay in. Anyone else old enough to remember when the really old timers would say “go to any radar facility you can, even a level 5, you need to get that “radar ticket”, then anywhere will be happy to take you” lol.

People said that even into the start of NCEPT era when the movement was based 100% on who can release and who was picking up, 0% on qualifications, experience or a “radar ticket” lol.
Lol old salty retired center controller gave me that advice. “You need to get to that up/down to get your radar ticket or else you won’t get hired at a busier tower.” 🙄

Back
Top Bottom