NEST May 2020 (moved to June 2020)

Yeah RNO has a low pass rate, bottom of the list it goes. Same with SMO to the bottom, LA does not appeal to me.
I don’t trust those pass rate numbers. My facility says it’s 70% and we have rated 7/8 trainees in the last 3 years. And that 1 who didn’t make it was an absolute knob.

The NEST did meet on June 9. Received list of 8 facilities on July 17.
ACK
APC
CCR
MKG
RNO
STK
SMO
STP
At least it’s a lot of geographic options.

I don’t trust those pass rate numbers. My facility says it’s 70% and we have rated 7/8 trainees in the last 3 years. And that 1 who didn’t make it was an absolute knob.
This can happen, the pass rate takes into account anyone who didn’t certify for any reason, so if someone voluntarily resigns or transfers or loses a medical before they certify that all counts as a “fail” for the percentages.

Honestly it's not that hard here, but of our last 10 trainees we've certified 3, 1 quit, and 6 washed. Backgrounds from prior experience, NEST, and academy.

Can't pick a better place to live though, everything you could want within a 30 minute drive, and Reno itself is pretty awesome.

Honestly it's not that hard here, but of our last 10 trainees we've certified 3, 1 quit, and 6 washed. Backgrounds from prior experience, NEST, and academy.

Can't pick a better place to live though, everything you could want within a 30 minute drive, and Reno itself is pretty awesome.
Man speaks the truth, my exp is level 8 and 12 and RNO scares the shit out of me. The N90 of 5 towers

Stockton south of Sacramento. I was tower certified for a year and CIC at a level 6 up down. Just didn’t get past radar.
Stockton is SCK. Not a bad place to work from what I’ve heard but Stockton itself is a bit of a yikes. Bay Area locality without the cost of living is nice though.

What makes it so difficult, I’ve had 2 towers, one with decent GA traffic and occasionally military trainers beating up the pattern, plenty of radar exp too. I went to UNR and will prob end up withdrawing from N90 and would love to take RNO if it’s on my list.

ANG c130 squadron there too right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom