New VA benefits

MJ

Administrator
Staff member
Couple of interesting things I recently discovered for you fellow vets...

There's a new pilot program specific to tech/programming courses, called VET TEC. The only eligibility requirement is you have at least 1 one day of GI bill left. It's almost exactly the same benefits as the post 9/11 education benefits; pay for the entire tuition and pay the BAH housing stipend while enrolled.

Also, in January, vets will be able to get ID cards for DoD installation access to have commissary, AAFES, MWR, etc. access. Eligible if you have any service connected rating, a Purple Heart, or caregiver to someone who meets those criteria. You'll have to apply for a Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) to get it. Commissary, Military Service Exchange, and MWR access extended to more Veterans beginning January - VAntage Point

Not VA related, but there's a website that gives free/reduced price copies of games: Games to Grunts, powered by Rip It Energy

Last edited:
I found this to be helpful:

A big takeaway for me was this..

“A veteran must be a full-time student in order to be eligible for and continue in a program approved to receive reimbursement through VET TEC.
A student veteran must graduate and secure meaningful employment (as defined by the VA) in order to initiate full tuition and fee reimbursement to the training provider.”

Back
Top Bottom