Non radar phraseology

2fast4yu

Is there any way reference I can use to learn the phraseology when a pilot or FSS calls or even how to pass information? I know there’s a specific way and I can’t even google search this stuff. Can anyone give me basic formats for some common situations?

Don’t they rice you print outs at the academy?
Actually, no. Feel like I’m blindly putting clues together. I know there’s a technique to it, just can’t find it. Just want to know how to say things when contact is made in the aero center.

Last edited:
Actually, no. Feel like I’m blindly putting clues together. I know there’s a technique to it, just can’t find it even online. Just want to know how to say things when contact is made in the aero center.
It’s in your handouts and there’s a giant poster on the wall in every class room

In the lesson plans. Are you even in Oklahoma yet?
I am. Started phraseology this week and was totally lost on how to say anything. We’re doing problems with multiple holds, conflicting directions, and passing on information from on sector to the next. No one has a clue how to properly respond.

I am. Started phraseology this week and was totally lost on how to say anything. We’re doing problems with multiple holds, conflicting directions, and passing on information from on sector to the next. No one has a clue how to properly respond.
En route or are you one of the TRACON classes? If you’re en route it should all be straightforward, it’s all in the lesson plans and the handouts. Or just ask your instructor, you’re going to the wrong place looking for your answers. Actually better of just go to the .65 and you’ll never be wrong.

I was in your same boat when I started. Looked daunting to have to memorize that entire wall chart. It should be 2nd nature by the first week of NR labs, at least for me I had it down before the scenarios started. NR phraseology is a fraction of the stuff you'll need to learn for radar labs.

It’s normal to feel pretty lost when they first introduce something. But a week later you should feel pretty comfortable with it. Check out your handouts like the stripmarking/phraseology guide, study that hard on this weekend

Back
Top Bottom