November (Q1) 2021

Has anyone else not gotten a TOL? I got the call from HR and they said they would send the TOL to me right after we hung up and they never did. I’m assuming since I’ve established communication I’m good but I know others have already gotten written paperwork.

Has anyone else not gotten a TOL? I got the call from HR and they said they would send the TOL to me right after we hung up and they never did. I’m assuming since I’ve established communication I’m good but I know others have already gotten written paperwork.
Did you bother reading the thread? A couple already posted they did.

Did you check your FAA email?

Ok cool thanks I appreciate it! I had heard something about a 48 hour time limit or else it’s considered denied so I was getting a little nervous.
they definitely can’t withdraw your offer if they never sent it to you. I wouldn’t worry.

Absolutely not. If you're advocating for this, you've never trained a "prior experience hire" who never actually talked to a plane in their time in the service. Let me tell you, it ain't fun and it ain't easy. I don't get paid enough as an OJTI when you come in and have a basic understanding of the rules and phraseology, let alone if you come in knowing absolutely nothing. Especially at a slow place where the trainee only gets to talk to like 10 planes a day, progression is very very slow. They need that repetition. It's not my job to whisper everything in your ear so you can parrot me and to teach you every single rule and concept, all your separation requirements, all your a/c performance/characteristics, etc... I'm there to teach you how to apply the rules and things you already know to this airport.

The academy is very good at laying a groundwork foundation of basic air traffic skills. It also helps determine if a new hire is teachable. In the long run, it definitely speeds up the certification process and saves money as opposed to just learning everything at the facility. One new thing they are doing is sending prior experience new hires to the academy now for classes to my understanding. Like we're getting a new hire here with radar experience who will have to go to tower class. That's probably dumb and a waste of time though. It should be a case by case basis imo when it comes to prior experience. But either way, the faa definitely needs to do a better job at vetting their experience so I'm not teaching people from the ground up.
As a military Prior experience guy myself I would have liked a short “this is how we do it” class before my facility like 2 or 3 weeks sometimes like that would have been helpful instead of just jumping in it’s a bit of an adjustment.

Why not put a 2 level cap. Imagine how many people would fill those level 9s up?But I don’t like the idea of level caps. Hinders people from making more money.

NCEPTs were doing level 9s facilities and below can staff up to 100% before. I don’t get why they took that out. That was like a cap.

NCEPTs were doing level 9s facilities and below can staff up to 100% before. I don’t get why they took that out. That was like a cap.
This is still a thing. They have just put a limit on everyone the last 2 because of Covid. We’ll see how long that lasts though.

This is still a thing. They have just put a limit on everyone the last 2 because of Covid. We’ll see how long that lasts though.

The thing is back in 2019 during pre covid times they got rid of that saying level 9s and below staff up to 100% it would be a case by case basis

Anyone hear that the earliest date you can be released for this bid is June 1st? Hearing that from my manager who was trying to let me go earlier.

Back
Top Bottom