Paul and Trish need more money!

Yeah but it’s pretty different when you’re taking other people’s money under the premise you’re “fighting for them.s
If you agree most people have their own self interests in mind when someone else’s money is involved, why would you expect people to be any different when there is?

Edit: I’m not defending them and think this go fund me is outrageous, and out of curiosity what haven’t they done for you that everyone on here thinks they should have done?

If you agree most people have their own self interests in mind when someone else’s money is involved, why would you expect people to be any different when there is?

Edit: I’m not defending them and think this go fund me is outrageous, and out of curiosity what haven’t they done for you that everyone on here thinks they should have done?
The biggest thing for me was the lack of transparency in the CBA extension. We could fight of what they should've negotiated, but there was no notification to the membership as far as I can tell that they were even in talks with the FAA to do this. We get emails about new FACREPs, and FCTs that have joined but nothing about the CBA to me that's jacked up.

I think most people here are just noticing how much of our dues are going to the pockets of the people representing us and it's not sitting well.

The biggest thing for me was the lack of transparency in the CBA extension. We could fight of what they should've negotiated, but there was no notification to the membership as far as I can tell that they were even in talks with the FAA to do this. We get emails about new FACREPs, and FCTs that have joined but nothing about the CBA to me that's jacked up.

I think most people here are just noticing how much of our dues are going to the pockets of the people representing us and it's not sitting well.
I’m a little in the dark on this-anybody know the history of membership actually ratifying/getting to vote up or down on all or sections of a contract proposal?

I agree with all this. The idea that our current contract was absolutely perfect and didn’t even warrant discussions of improvement speaks a lot to the union’s ambition to fight for the workforce.

Plus, there is pretty widespread frustration as to how NATCA handled COVID. Trainees were literally fucked over and tossed to the side. They were forced to put their careers on hold for over a year as many struggled to make ends meet on AG pay. The union made it a priority to fight for 5 on 5 off above everything else and failed to even acknowledge what new employees were going through, much less fighting to get them back to training. Then you have CPCs who are frustrated in the fact that there was never a true fight to bring hazard pay to the table. To this day, controllers are being told the workspace is so dangerous that you must be fully vaccinated, you must wear a mask, you have to be contact traced if you’re exposed, but somehow hazard pay doesn’t apply.

What it boils down to is in the “collaborative era” the union seems to side with the agency more often than fighting for the workforce they supposedly represent. All while the “leadership” is rewarded with cushy office gigs, union-funded trips/dinners/events, and the top brass line their pockets.

I’m a little in the dark on this-anybody know the history of membership actually ratifying/getting to vote up or down on all or sections of a contract proposal?
I can't speak in the legality of us voting on a CBA, or the ratification process or anything of that nature. I just feel like they could've at least sent out notification that they were in the process of discussing the CBA with the FAA. The way they handled it makes it seem like an extension was always the priority vs negotiating. If we were made aware atleast we could've voiced any concerns/wishes.

Trainees were literally fucked over and tossed to the side. They were forced to put their careers on hold for over a year as many struggled to make ends meet on AG pay.

This is another valid point, that year+ delay in training really messed people up that were counting on some type of raise just to live comfortably. While AGs we're struggling, Paul and Trish were sitting pretty making $290k+ each off their dues. Granted the Union was still doing stuff the optics of it all is ridiculous.

I can't speak in the legality of us voting on a CBA, or the ratification process or anything of that nature. I just feel like they could've at least sent out notification that they were in the process of discussing the CBA with the FAA. The way they handled it makes it seem like an extension was always the priority vs negotiating. If we were made aware atleast we could've voiced any concerns/wishes.

This is another valid point, that year+ delay in training really messed people up that were counting on some type of raise just to live comfortably. While AGs we're struggling, Paul and Trish were sitting pretty making $290k+ each off their dues. Granted the Union was still doing stuff the optics of it all is ridiculous.
And setting them much further behind their cohorts in career pay and retirement

Right on. Withholding information creates dependence. And that my friend creates power

The NATCA constitution says that the affected membership shall vote to ratify any proposed CBA. It does not say that the membership has the right to vote on a proposed extension. I submitted an amendment changing that... if they ever re-send the proposed-amendments packet you can see it at the end (I haven't gotten one in the mail yet) or you can view it on the NATCA website.

I can't speak in the legality of us voting on a CBA, or the ratification process or anything of that nature. I just feel like they could've at least sent out notification that they were in the process of discussing the CBA with the FAA.
I submitted another amendment as well, this one saying that, if you won't let us vote on an extension you negotiated, you can at least tell us that you're negotiating it.

Now as far as legality, I don't actually know that membership ratification means anything at all. The CBA is a legal contract entered into between FAA management and NATCA leadership, and (from the research I did while writing the amendments) it seems that what NATCA's internal constitution says about ratification may not have any true bearing on it—if the high muckety-mucks sign on the dotted line, a membership vote may be irrelevant. (And that's without getting into MJ's comments elsewhere that the very existence of the union is only at the Agency's pleasure.) But that doesn't mean we have to take it lying down.

Bring up a discussion about the amendments at your facilities, and ask your Convention delegates to vote for them.

NATCA could’ve at least started an initiative to let us smoke weed shame on this union
They need to come up with a breathalyzer type device that can prove you’re not high on position that’s the biggest hang up and when they do You can call me Billybob mcstonerpants because I’m getting high as fuck the minute I open my door

They need to come up with a breathalyzer type device that can prove you’re not high on position that’s the biggest hang up and when they do You can call me Billybob mcstonerpants because I’m getting high as fuck the minute I open my door
I thought they were close on this

There is a saliva test that tests the presence of active thc, it's not approved for actual testing use though is what I understand

There is a saliva test that tests the presence of active thc, it's not approved for actual testing use though is what I understand
That’s what I’m saying. A verified, repeatable test that will be federally accepted. Will come to fruition eventually

Amazing how much of the agency has clearly smoked weed before ? also when the time comes it’ll be legal but treated like NyQuil again shame on this union

Back
Top Bottom