Paul and Trish need more money!

Come on... "official business" is NOT salary... that's expenses and travel on behalf of the organization. Every organization pays expenses for their people to travel, including the FAA.

Constitutional salary...
2010-2012 - 220k
2012-2018 - 250k
2018-present - 260k

"Official business" in 2011 cost members $234,000.

So now you have me wondering if there is negligence in the associated cost of "official business" and what exactly constitutes "official business". Ambiguity is so very rarely used with good intentions my friend.

Regardless, the total compensation since 2009 is still $4,311,225.

"Official business" in 2011 cost members $234,000.

So now you have me wondering if there is negligence in the associated cost of "official business" and what exactly constitutes "official business". Ambiguity is so very rarely used with good intentions my friend.

Regardless, the total compensation since 2009 is still $4,311,225.
That same ambiguity you reference is used throughout this thread as fact.

For instance, that "smoking gun" of an article that hates on the contract extension is laced with misinformation and lies presented as fact. Average inflation for the last ten years is 1.48% (U.S.: average annual inflation rate 1990-2019 | Statista). Article 108 S9 gives us 1.6% (for math challenged that's more than 1.48%) PLUS any GS raises.

Then COVID... The FAA's plan was to keep status quo, expecting you to report to work no matter what. What did NATCA do? COVID schedules 5 on 10 off in most facilities. You think the FAA just GAVE that to us? Come on. JCAT's, level 3 cleanings, FREE LEAVE FOR VACCINES?

No way to please 100% of anyone ever. Controllers, maybe 50% on a good day. Obviously the solution is to make up crap and stir up dissent on a forum instead of running for office and pushing for change. Paul and Trish didn't get into and stay in office trolling forums, they did it producing results for the members.

I added every annual salary on the right column
That's not annual salary. Annual salary is in the middle which is set by the contract. Right column is all reimbursed expenses for official business.

That same ambiguity you reference is used throughout this thread as fact.

For instance, that "smoking gun" of an article that hates on the contract extension is laced with misinformation and lies presented as fact. Average inflation for the last ten years is 1.48% (U.S.: average annual inflation rate 1990-2019 | Statista). Article 108 S9 gives us 1.6% (for math challenged that's more than 1.48%) PLUS any GS raises.

Then COVID... The FAA's plan was to keep status quo, expecting you to report to work no matter what. What did NATCA do? COVID schedules 5 on 10 off in most facilities. You think the FAA just GAVE that to us? Come on. JCAT's, level 3 cleanings, FREE LEAVE FOR VACCINES?

No way to please 100% of anyone ever. Controllers, maybe 50% on a good day. Obviously the solution is to make up crap and stir up dissent on a forum instead of running for office and pushing for change. Paul and Trish didn't get into and stay in office trolling forums, they did it producing results for the members.
Seems that you have a different conversation in mind, you shouldn't be surprised about ambiguity on the internet. None the less, the totals I gave were a total of compensation and not reimbursement. Believe it or not that is an important distinction to such people as the IRS. Concur, the E2 equivalent for NATCA, differentiates as well.

Compensation is a taxable stream, accountable reimbursement is not (i.e. Concur and E2).

The total compensation since 2009 is still $4,311,225 which is considered income. Unless you have another item that states what was provided by the DOL as otherwise.
That's not annual salary. Annual salary is in the middle which is set by the contract. Right column is all reimbursed expenses for official business.

I'm going to start claiming my differentials and OT as "official business".

In fact on the actual DOL lookup, it gets even more interesting since the "official business" can be divided amongst actual official business. Which is indicated at 50% representing and 10% political. Leaving a good 40% in general administration.

So for 2011 $234,000 in "official business" is $117,000 in representing, $23,400 in political, and $93,600 in general administration.

I still have a hard time expecting those figures to be legitimate, aside from it being categorized as compensation.

Seems that you have a different conversation in mind, you shouldn't be surprised about ambiguity on the internet. None the less, the totals I gave were a total of compensation and not reimbursement. Believe it or not that is an important distinction to such people as the IRS. Concur, the E2 equivalent for NATCA, differentiates as well.

Compensation is a taxable stream, accountable reimbursement is not (i.e. Concur and E2).

The total compensation since 2009 is still $4,311,225 which is considered income. Unless you have another item that states what was provided by the DOL as otherwise.

I'm going to start claiming my differentials and OT as "official business".
More ambiguity. An anti-labor organization such as UnionFacts would NEVER change a word to mislead... Department of Labor (DoL) is where they get their numbers, and it's called DISBURSEMENT. A Concur voucher is a DISBURSEMENT not COMPENSATION. 1635527953620.png

More ambiguity. An anti-labor organization such as UnionFacts would NEVER change a word to mislead... Department of Labor (DoL) is where they get their numbers, and it's called DISBURSEMENT. A Concur voucher is a DISBURSEMENT not COMPENSATION. View attachment 7004

If Concur operates only in disbursement then there would be no reimbursement to anyone using it's services and therefore raises more questions about costs of "official business "

When you are screwed by the union you take part in the process and run for election locally to get what you can. That’s how democracy works. If you are lucky you can climb the ladder. How many people run for those positions? How many people vote, if you are truly a well educated and wel spoken reformer you’ll most likely get elected. Yes there might be some boot licking along the way, but that’s really out of people’s comfort zones? Cmon.

Also Obama was supposed to make us whole? That expectation was both foolish and unrealistic.

I’ve often found the people who feel the union isn’t doing their job often don’t know the contract themselves and would rather burn the bridge down before they have a better idea.

This is no way is justifying the Paul and atrial slush fund.
Huh ? If the union screws you then you need to run for office so you can do what ? Screw over the area rep that screwed you ? How does that change the fact that you worked a schedule for a year that your seniority should have kept you from working so the area rep could work what he wanted? If I’m well informed and well spoken I can climb the ladder. What if I’m not ? What if I’m just a normal Joe who wants his union to not actively break the rules for their pawn benefit ? In your words I may need to do some boot licking to accomplish that. That is how democracy works? There may be some truth to that but it’s a sad statement. And to expect Obama to make us whole was foolish and unrealistic? When the republicans imposed the work rules zero democrats voted with them and a number of republicans voted to not impose them. So when Democrats controlled the White House and Congress it was foolish to believe they would undo the injustice done to us?

Huh ? If the union screws you then you need to run for office so you can do what ? Screw over the area rep that screwed you ? How does that change the fact that you worked a schedule for a year that your seniority should have kept you from working so the area rep could work what he wanted? If I’m well informed and well spoken I can climb the ladder. What if I’m not ? What if I’m just a normal Joe who wants his union to not actively break the rules for their pawn benefit ? In your words I may need to do some boot licking to accomplish that. That is how democracy works? There may be some truth to that but it’s a sad statement. And to expect Obama to make us whole was foolish and unrealistic? When the republicans imposed the work rules zero democrats voted with them and a number of republicans voted to not impose them. So when Democrats controlled the White House and Congress it was foolish to believe they would undo the injustice done to us?
Imagine thinking democrats ever accomplish anything ?

Ya the "if you don't like it run against them" attitude is dumb. I shouldn't have to be part of the good ole boy network or win the facility popularity contest to get adequate representation as a dues paying member.

I mean that's all well and good but unfortunately if everyone has that attitude, the only people that run are the ones that want to take advantage of the system only to their own benefit
This is the reason why some locals have little accountability with their Eboards. But at the same time being a FACREP is way more involved than people think. If you really want to make a difference you are going to have to do work on your off days or give up some family time. I don't fault anyone for choosing family over being a rep.

Back
Top Bottom