Pay after Transfer for Veteran Trainee

Tumulte

I am under the impression that as a prior exp vet, when you are assigned to your facility, you are placed at the bottom of the lowest D band available, in my case this was D2. That being said, I only received lump sum amounts from NATCA raises, so that leads me to believe that I was at the top of D1. Anyway, I transferred to a new facility while still in training. The new facility has a D1 band. What happened was I stayed at my same pay minus my locality, but it is within the D1 band. If I was at the D2 band, would I have stayed there and went to the bottom of the D2 band at the new facility? Or are we actually assigned the top of D1 if that band isn't available.

I am under the impression that as a prior exp vet, when you are assigned to your facility, you are placed at the bottom of the lowest D band available, in my case this was D2. That being said, I only received lump sum amounts from NATCA raises, so that leads me to believe that I was at the top of D1. Anyway, I transferred to a new facility while still in training. The new facility has a D1 band. What happened was I stayed at my same pay minus my locality, but it is within the D1 band. If I was at the D2 band, would I have stayed there and went to the bottom of the D2 band at the new facility? Or are we actually assigned the top of D1 if that band isn't available.
I don’t know what the rule is for you guys and pay but them screwing up and sticking you at the top of the band below where you should be is possible. When I certified they mistakenly put me at the top of the D3 band and not the bottom of the CPC band. I discovered it the same way you did.

Back
Top Bottom