Payroll Tax Executive Order

Might be a stupid question but do we pay income tax on this extra 6%?

No, for three reasons:
  • This is a tax on your income. You get the income and get taxed on it. That's exactly how the income tax works too, you get the income and then you get taxed on it. Both taxes use the same number for their calculations, they don't depend on each other. (Sort of, there are differences in what deductions hide money from income tax vs what deductions hide money from payroll tax, but what I said is generally true.)
  • This isn't extra income. This is a tax that you're no longer paying. Compare this to, e.g., a scholarship or a forgiveness of debt—those would be counted as extra income.
  • The tax isn't going away. They're deferring it from now until the end of December, and then you're paying it in January through April. so ypu won't actually see any extra money in the long run.

I just re-read my post 4 times to see where I named a political party and was hoping you could elucidate.

these people see literally EVERYTHING partisan. Much like the media everything is aimed at Nov 3. Doesnt matter if you named them or not, they PERCEIVED it. You're guilty and probably also a racist.

I just re-read my post 4 times to see where I named a political party and was hoping you could elucidate.
these people see literally EVERYTHING partisan. Much like the media everything is aimed at Nov 3. Doesnt matter if you named them or not, they PERCEIVED it. You're guilty and probably also a racist.

[/QUOTE]

So in this libertarian fuck pile who is role playing ayn rand and who is Ron Paul?

So in this libertarian fuck pile who is role playing ayn rand and who is Ron Paul?
[/QUOTE]

You’re definitely a racist to make a comment remotely moderate at this point.

To be faaaaaaaaiiiiiirrr, I don't know what documentation NATCA would send. It's not something specific to NATCA members, or even BUEs, or even the agency as a whole. What should they say? I guess they could give everyone a heads-up that this is happening, but not to blow the money on cocaine and hookers because it'll be due come the new year. But I don't see how it's their responsibility.

And while I don't have any reason to believe it'll be any different for us, the articles I've seen only mention the National Finance Center which is run by the USDA. Our payroll is administered by the Interior Business Center which is in the Department of the Interior. So it's theoretically possible this will all be moot for us.

To be faaaaaaaaiiiiiirrr, I don't know what documentation NATCA would send. It's not something specific to NATCA members, or even BUEs, or even the agency as a whole. What should they say? I guess they could give everyone a heads-up that this is happening, but not to blow the money on cocaine and hookers because it'll be due come the new year. But I don't see how it's their responsibility.

And while I don't have any reason to believe it'll be any different for us, the articles I've seen only mention the National Finance Center which is run by the USDA. Our payroll is administered by the Interior Business Center which is in the Department of the Interior. So it's theoretically possible this will all be moot for us.
I dunno but I hope these AG bros don’t blow it cus they gonna be in tough times in jan.

they’re usually good about sending out legislative updates as soon as things are announced

Back
Top Bottom