PC builds

I hate connecting the front panel with a passion... All setup. Star Wars: Squadrons anyone?

I hate connecting the front panel with a passion... All setup. Star Wars: Squadrons anyone?
One time I connected the restart button the to the power switch on the motherboard and vice versa. Just left it, I’m the only person who uses it and I knew that they were backwards haha.

One time I connected the restart button the to the power switch on the motherboard and vice versa. Just left it, I’m the only person who uses it and I knew that they were backwards haha.
I fucked around with it for about 30 minutes before I pulled open the manual... >.>

Random but did you guys take your PCs, if you had them at the time, to the academy? Wondering if the housing has a desk for a computer

Random but did you guys take your PCs, if you had them at the time, to the academy? Wondering if the housing has a desk for a computer
I stayed at Kim’s and no. I took a laptop and had some games on that but there wasn’t a desk. Just sat at the kitchen table.

Definitely no desks in the rooms, I brought mine and just because I had pretty much zero belongings and knew I wasn’t going to go back home regardless if I passed or not

Definitely no desks in the rooms, I brought mine and just because I had pretty much zero belongings and knew I wasn’t going to go back home regardless if I passed or not
Guess there's nothing wrong with buying a small desk myself? I feel like I'll be in the same situation where I'm taking everything so might as well be using it while I'm there

Guess there's nothing wrong with buying a small desk myself? I feel like I'll be in the same situation where I'm taking everything so might as well be using it while I'm there
Yeah I doubt they’d have a problem with that

I had actually preordered a 3090 from CDW about a month ago, they had it mispriced at just $850 for a weekend. They refunded all of the orders as I expected they would, but it was worth a shot. I'll probably get a 3080 and make a new build when they restock, I have a Valve Index but my 1080/6600k isn't enough to get my money's worth out of it. Hopefully by then Intel will catch up a bit with their CPUs, not a fan of AMD and I've heard bad things about the 10900k.
I plan on leaving mine if I make it to academy, too much of a distraction.

I had actually preordered a 3090 from CDW about a month ago, they had it mispriced at just $850 for a weekend. They refunded all of the orders as I expected they would, but it was worth a shot. I'll probably get a 3080 and make a new build when they restock, but hopefully Intel will catch up a bit with their CPU's. Not a fan of AMD and I've heard bad things about the 10900k.
Why are you not a fan of AMD?

Why are you not a fan of AMD?
Personal experience has always been better with Intel, but I recognize their CPUs are catching up and at this point are arguably better for some functions, and much better value for money. Going to see how the next generation of CPUs do, if Intel doesn't come back strong I'll probably try AMD again.
As far as GPU's, I don't think AMD has a chance to even compare during this generation.

Personal experience has always been better with Intel, but I recognize their CPUs are catching up and at this point are arguably better for some functions, and much better value for money. Going to see how the next generation of CPUs do, if Intel doesn't come back strong I'll probably try AMD again.
As far as GPU's, I don't think AMD has a chance to even compare during this generation.
They’re CPUs are no doubt better. And cheaper.

I had all of my personal belongings with me because I didn’t have a “home” to keep it when I left for academy. I requested a desk in my apartment at Anatole and they were happy to provide one. There will be plenty of downtime. You should have SOME escape from work & study, just don’t overdo it.

Benchmarks. And mainly you get way more cores and threads for less
As I said, I think Intel is losing this generation. But I think comparing benchmarks would only be accurate between two different CPUs, you can't really say AMD has better benchmarks as a brand.

The only PC you need is an Xbox Series X. Can’t wait!
I've got one on pre order. I'd be more excited if there were more games coming out for it. As it is any real graphical optimizations for games for the system aren't coming until 2021.

I would like to build a new PC in 2021 as well when more of the latest cards become available. I'm looking forward to seeing how Big Navi compares to the 3080.

Back
Top Bottom