Placement Day

ClearanceClarence

Legendary Member
Could anyone share how exactly placement day works? Do you just show up and figure out where everybody’s going and then you head out, or is it considered a full work day? My class has a weekend in between our evals and placement day, so I’m trying to hash out the details with my housing provider on when exactly I’ll be out.

Thanks!

That's pretty much it. You show up, I think you go to a briefing, then into a conference room. Someone will call you into another room one by one to pick your location, after you pick they take you over in groups to the HR office for your FOL to your new facility. You then get the rest of the day to research your facility, whether it's at the MMAC or your place. When my class did it I was out the door by 11ish

That's pretty much it. You show up, I think you go to a briefing, then into a conference room. Someone will call you into another room one by one to pick your location, after you pick they take you over in groups to the HR office for your FOL to your new facility. You then get the rest of the day to research your facility, whether it's at the MMAC or your place. When my class did it I was out the door by 11ish
Awesome, thanks for the info!

We all picked as a group. But also they asked us if we had it all figured out and we said yes. Was released by 12. Hastily Out of Oklahoma by 2

It would be hilarious to see someone at the top pull an audible and just send the rest of class into chaos.
We had a douche bag that was like 7 of 10 to pick who wouldn’t tell anyone where he was going. And we eval on Friday, placement on Monday so had the whole weekend to research and try and find a place to live. So the kid in last place basically had no idea where he was going until the moment he chose.

We had a douche bag that was like 7 of 10 to pick who wouldn’t tell anyone where he was going. And we eval on Friday, placement on Monday so had the whole weekend to research and try and find a place to live. So the kid in last place basically had no idea where he was going until the moment he chose.

So where did he go?

Pretty sure there was a person last year who told the class they were going to San Juan, then changed it up on placement day, screwing several people.

I don’t know if a better introduction into ATC and the FAA could be made lol. There’s usually one at every facility, sometimes two! Screw up bidding leave and RDOs. Screw up people trying to ERR out etc.

Our lodging the night of placement day is paid, right? Also do you know your class rank the end of day before placement day?

Yes.

You know your rank officially about 30 minutes after the final eval. You know it immediately if everyone has been open about their scores.
And you’ll be amazed how much everyone will jockey around at the end of the day. The evals are worth so much more than anything else. We had a guy go from 2nd to like 7th

Our lodging the night of placement day is paid, right?

Only if you're actually taking the rest of placement day to "research your facility" and you "won't leave OKC until tomorrow." If you don't have a car and can get the travel agency to book you a flight home day-of you won't get per diem for that night.

Back
Top Bottom