Placement list advice (DCA, TEB, JAX, SAT, GFK, APA, MCI )

Go somewhere you’ll be happy living for the foreseeable future. Level 8-9 pay is going to be tolerable a lot longer than level 5 pay with no hope of leaving.

SAT would be my top choice, followed by APA, then DCA.

SAT puts you in a nice area near Austin and a lot of outside-of-work activities. Centennial is the same and tolerable life with some snow. DCA has lots to offer and a unique controlling location and DC has plenty to do and see.

Go where you can be happy and see yourself existing for possibly five years. There’s zero guarantees with NCEPT and if I could re-do my past experiences, I would’ve picked somewhere else instead of where I did go because I spent far longer there than anticipated.

I heard you guys are why our FACREP said no cell phones in tower will be strictly enforced going forward
Not this guy lol.. We’ve got this new Sup who’s a real piece of S#%&.. he’s trying to make a name for himself. Reports every little thing that may, or may not be true to the accountability board.

You and I were in Tier 2 together, I remember you getting yours, brutal wait.
Brutal isn’t even the word, and you just got the list?? Literally ridiculous. It’s greener pastures for you now, keep us updated please I’m curious to see where you go.

What is the big thing making people wash from JAX so much? Mixture of culture and traffic volume?

What is the big thing making people wash from JAX so much? Mixture of culture and traffic volume?
Yeah will someone please elaborate what the big deal is down there? The layout isn't too bad, they don't run a ton of ops, and half of the ops they do run are commercial. I don't understand. Also, SAT is only 1 cpc away from releasing so just because they haven't released in the past, doesn't mean it'll be that way in the future

Yeah will someone please elaborate what the big deal is down there? The layout isn't too bad, they don't run a ton of ops, and half of the ops they do run are commercial. I don't understand. Also, SAT is only 1 cpc away from releasing so just because they haven't released in the past, doesn't mean it'll be that way in the future
If I had to guess. Florida traffic. There ain't nothing like it. The lows are stupid, the highs get complex due to weather. All manageable to an extent, but specifically the VFR aircraft doing practice approach/flight following is no joke.

Also. OP. Sounds like you've rules out CHS..... But if you haven't (or even have) its personally one of my favorite areas I have ever visited. Not too large of a city, but also has everything you could ever need. Fantastic food, good weather (pretty toasty in the summer) and a pretty awesome social scene. With all that being said, its also in the Southern region, which seems that people are always trying to get to.

I’ve heard this rumor for years. Is it actually true and if so what are the major issues causing people to wash?

Insert shameless plug for Memphis. If you can overlook the burning cars/mattresses on the way into work, the traffic you work is enjoyable.
One of my academy instructors said he used to work at MEM. He actually was scared to go into work because he thought he’d get shot in his car on the way in.

will be getting a list soon. I'm off the street, currently washing out of my first facility. is it true if you wash out at the second facility you're terminated? meaning I should be looking for a facility with the highest training success rate?

will be getting a list soon. I'm off the street, currently washing out of my first facility. is it true if you wash out at the second facility you're terminated? meaning I should be looking for a facility with the highest training success rate?
Sounds like you’re looking for NEST

That’s what I’ve been told as well, two training failures consecutively with result in a termination. I can’t point you to that in writing though. So yeah best thing to do is get the facility with the highest success rate because if you certify at the second facility. It resets meaning if you go to a third facility down the road it’ll be one training failure not two.

Back
Top Bottom