Enroute Academy Experience 2020

Great write up and sounds pretty much the same as when I went through a couple years ago.

One thing I'd add that seemed to help for me was that the very first day the course managers go over every point required to pass. During that briefing they explained that it is possible to pass the course on the second radar eval. From that day forward I made that my goal. I scored a 68 on my first non-radar eval. I accepted and understood where I messed up. Scored a 95 on the second non-radar and pretty good scores on the 3 radar evals (100 on my second), I ended up achieving that goal along with one other person in my class.

This course will make you feel down on yourself. It is not easy, but overall it isn't hard either. Put in the work, KNOW the map, but mostly don't let yourself get in the way. No matter what you score on an individual test or eval it is only 1 score in a very complicated formula for the overall course grade. Keep your head up, accept your mistakes, and kick ass on the next one.

We’ve been practicing the phraseology in the virtual classes. I keep getting so close to speaking the phraseology correctly, that I keep missing a word or two. Drives me batty

Last edited:
How long are people waiting between finishing virtual basics and going to OKC?

Last edited:
How long are people waiting between finishing virtual basics and going to OKC?
I finished virtual basics 29th of Sept.

My current date for OKC is Dec 16, but the rumor is since Academy was closed a couple days last week with an ice storm, everything is getting pushed back a couple days

Great read as I’m getting ready to start basics in a couple weeks. Question: how necessary is it to have or bring a laptop to academy? I know they mail us iPads but do y’all recommend having a personal laptop as well?

Back
Top Bottom