Serious Poll: COVID Vaccine

COVID Vaccine, Have you gotten it or do you plan to?

• Been Vaccinated

Votes: 111 31.7%
  • Doing everything I can to get it

Votes: 46 13.1%
  • Will get it when it’s easily available

Votes: 92 26.3%
  • Not sure if I will

Votes: 53 15.1%
  • Never

Votes: 48 13.7%

• Total voters

CF

Assistant to the Regional Moderator
I ♥ pointSixtyFive
If you have a different answer you can share below or talk about your experience with getting it.

Not sure how everyone else is going about it, but our management is demanding we have to schedule the vaccine on our Friday after shift. Which is surprisingly harder than it sounds otherwise they get pissy because of the 2 day absence. If we get it outside of that time frame we're on 2 days of SL instead of EA.

Not sure how everyone else is going about it, but our management is demanding we have to schedule the vaccine on our Friday after shift. Which is surprisingly harder than it sounds otherwise they get pissy because of the 2 day absence. If we get it outside of that time frame we're on 2 days of SL instead of EA.
I was able to snag a morning appointment on my Wednesday day shift, so not only did they give me that day off to actually get the shot, but they gave me the two days after it for the 48 hours downtime. With how hard it is to get an appointment, they should be letting you go whenever you're lucky enough to get one.

I’m going to eventually get it when it’s easy to sign up for, I’ll do it during a work day to get a day off to help make up for all that COVID had screwed me out of. Also I’m only getting it because you know one day soon you will need it to fly, then go to the game, then go to the store.

Same. I took the guaranteed shot and took my own SL

I haven an appointment for next week. Maybe an option for scheduled?

I found the Walmart system let me go out further and made scheduling it on an off day easier. Walgreens only let me go 3 days out.

This sounds like BS to me.

This sounds like BS to me.
I second that, sounds like BS. Is there a critical staffing / operational reason that justifies management's demand? I'll have to re-read the MOU, but my initial take is they're not following how other facilities are handling it and/or what was agreed to nationally. Link to MOU:

Last edited:
I get my first shot 3/26. With how hard appointments are to come by no way I was going to coordinate that with work. Unfortunately it falls in the middle of my 5 days off though.

I second that, sounds like BS. Is there a critical staffing / operational reason that justifies management's demand? I'll have to re-read the MOU, but my initial take is they're not following how other facilities are handling it and/or what was agreed to nationally. Link to MOU:
Staffing wise just cover with OT, there isn't enough available vaccines for the whole tower to get downed like they worry about. Just the Friday after shift is what they say will only be approved for EA.

Our manager tried to do this and people tested him and he ended up giving the EA. He’s taken a more “get it if you can” stance since then, which is how it should be. No better way to show that you’re a shit bag than to not let people vaccinate themselves against a potentially deadly virus.

My facility scheduled ours. My second shot fell on the 4th day of my 5 days off, but my appointment was at 10am, and my shift started at 2pm, so I had the 48 hours. not sure why it should be EA, though. obviously getting the vaccine is important, but you lose your medical for 48 hours. that should be SL...

Edited to add: If the facility schedules you for a day that affects your work status, then it should be EA.

Last edited:
Looks like lots of dictatorship facilities here. They can not and should not tell you when to take it or try to deny EA if it’s on a work day. The spirit of the MOU only addressed telling management about it so that facilities on reduced schedules don’t have 5 people of all on one shift.

Also they should not be scheduling it for you, that’s a new one and it’s crazy.

Looks like lots of dictatorship facilities here. They can not and should not tell you when to take it or try to deny EA if it’s on a work day. The spirit of the MOU only addressed telling management about it so that facilities on reduced schedules don’t have 5 people of all on one shift.

I agree with all of this. It’s not the spirit of it.
But if 5 people scheduled and they were told you can’t do that, all 5 would say you can’t tel me what to do and the next 5 would do the same thing just to fuck with people. No matter what you do on either side people gotta fuck with each other.

I think there’s a difference if your 5 on and 5 off or 5/2. It seems a lot more reasonable to make you take it on your admin days during 5 off then to make you take it during your 2 off.

That’s BS. The MOU is there for a reason. If they weren’t going to give EA and you didn’t want to burn SL then you obviously would have to get it after your shift on Day 5.

I swear some people...

Needless to say I’m gonna get it as soon as I can and if it happens to be on Day 1 then so be it.

In our county, they sent out an email to over half our center at once offering vaccines with less than 24 hours of notice. Had everyone been approved for EA, that would have likely crippled the facilities staffing for several days. The unfortunate side is the county is only offering one more opportunity for people in our category to get vaccines. I’m assuming that’s what’s driven the “you’ll have to use sick leave” argument.

I think they should specify this, but if your facility is on a covid schedule, it sounds like you wont get 2 days of EA. Completely fair imo. My facility on 6/1's, at first, management was saying you have to take SL because there was no MOU at the time, just natca saying it was agreed on.

Last edited:
I’m impressed so many of you have the opportunity to get the vaccine. In my state it’s only 65 plus, healthcare/daycare workers and first responders. Transportation workers is the last stage before general public here.

Back
Top Bottom