Medical Possible Ocular Migraines as a young teen

Mr.Tickles

Trusted Contributor
So I've got my medical next week and I realize that no one here will be able to give me a definitive answer except the flight doctors but it doesn't hurt to see if anyone is in the know.

Over a year ago I had a short period of migraines associated with sexual activity. It was around 3 months total time. I was seen by neurology and had an MRI done and the whole nine yards. Nothing was found and since then I have had no reoccurrence with the migraines. All of this is noted in my medical paper work which I am bringing with me to my medical appointment. In my paper work it is also noted that in my younger teen years I also had ocular migraines which also resulted in an MRI which was also clear. The neurologist also commented in the paperwork that he wasn't sure why they classified it as migraines in regards to what I thought was ocular migraines when I was a kid. Neither of these are recurring issues. It's been over a year for sexual headaches and the ocular migraine or whatever it was stopped around 2003.

Is this something that could cause me issues in regards to passing medical? I'm just wanting to get myself prepared if this could disqualify me or make the process much longer. Thanks!

Last edited:
So I've got my medical next week and I realize that no one here will be able to give me a definitive answer except the flight doctors but it doesn't hurt to see if anyone is in the know.

Over a year ago I had a short period of migraines associated with sexual activity. It was around 3 months total time. I was seen by neurology and had an MRI done and the whole nine yards. Nothing was found and I have since not had any more migraines. All of this is noted in my medical paper work which I am bringing with me to my medical appointment. In my paper work it is also noted that in my younger teen years I also had ocular migraines which also resulted in an MRI which was also clear. The neurologist also commented in the paperwork that he wasn't sure why they classified it as migraines in regards to what I thought was ocular migraines when I was a kid. Neither of these are recurring issues. It's been over a year for sexual headaches and the ocular migraine or whatever it was stopped around 2003.

Is this something that could cause me issues in regards to passing medical? I'm just wanting to get myself prepared if this could disqualify me or make the process much longer. Thanks!
Make sure you submit copies of all your paperwork from that. Without it that’s almost a certain DQ.

Very generally, if the reason for a problem is diagnosed and is shown to be no factor/controllable going forward you should be ok.

That is very good to know. I suppose I'll find out in a weeks time if it's gonna be on the short side of things or the long side of things after my medical appointment.

That is very good to know. I suppose I'll find out in a weeks time if it's gonna be on the short side of things or the long side of things after my medical appointment.

I had migraines over 8 years ago when I was a teenager. I no longer take meds and am no longer being treated for migraines. I'm curious...did you get an FOL or did you end up getting tiered 2?

Back
Top Bottom