Prior CPC direct hire

semperfly

I'm a prior FAA CPC, I have been out of the agency for 1.5 years. I'm attempting to directly apply at various facilities. So far it's been a battle trying to get ATM's on board. Most ATM's have said they just wait for hiring bids or transfers. A few of them didn't even know you were allowed to directly apply now.

Does anyone have any experience with this or know a controller who's successfully done it?

Every time I called, it felt like I was a car salesman trying to explain what I was wanting. Any advice on the best way to approach the initial phone call?

(Edit: reason for resigning was a major family emergency.)

There's a couple people on here that were in the process, but I'm not sure how far they got. Recurring theme seems to be the same as yours...ATMs don't know anything about the process and don't want to do research.

ATMs don't know anything about it and facreps less so. I would try calling aviation careers and ask to speak with a POC for the rehire process. A supervisor if possible. Tell them you're trying to apply at ABC facility but ATM has no clue what to do. Ask if they will get in contact with the ATM to give them guidance. Keep a copy of the reinstatement SOP to give away or attach to your package.

Some are just ignorant of the process, but it really depends on their motivation, which you are finding out.

I’m in the process now. You’re good on the minimum separation time which is actually a year. The key to this thing is educating the ATMs on the process. Do as much of the work for them as possible. Most are completely unaware this exists, so having a thorough understanding of the process and breaking it down for them is a must. I went in with the requirements printed out.

I would try calling aviation careers and ask to speak with a POC for the rehire process. A supervisor if possible. Tell them you're trying to apply at ABC facility but ATM has no clue what to do. Ask if they will get in contact with the ATM to give them guidance.

Thanks for the advice. I just called, man even aviation careers didn't know about it. I was told to just apply to a regular bid! Incredible lack of knowledge. I did get a supervisors contact info, they're not in right now but I'll keep trying back.

Shocking how simple the HRPM makes it seem. Literally just need your package and ATM's recommendation. It's a great way to get help increase staffing for the agency. Yet asking about it I'm treated like a leper.

Thanks again for the encouragement, I'll keep trying.

I’m in the process now. You’re good on the minimum separation time which is actually a year. The key to this thing is educating the ATMs on the process. Do as much of the work for them as possible. Most are completely unaware this exists, so having a thorough understanding of the process and breaking it down for them is a must. I went in with the requirements printed out.

Could someone circumvent the NCEPT and get to the facility they want by quitting for a year and go back?

Could someone circumvent the NCEPT and get to the facility they want by quitting for a year and go back?
Yes they can and that’s why the ATO makes the time requirement longer than the HR SOP. Found this out the hard way. I took all the regs on the process along with the package to the ATM and we discussed it. He called my previous two facilities to verify info and see if I was a problem or good employee. He submitted and was told I had to wait another 6 months. I get to resubmit in a month.

Yes they can and that’s why the ATO makes the time requirement longer than the HR SOP. Found this out the hard way. I took all the regs on the process along with the package to the ATM and we discussed it. He called my previous two facilities to verify info and see if I was a problem or good employee. He submitted and was told I had to wait another 6 months. I get to resubmit in a month.

That facility is going to take you though for sure once those 6 months are up?

That facility is going to take you though for sure once those 6 months are up?
Well ultimately the decision is with ATO. I meet all of the requirements and the ATM says he wants to hire me that’s why he submitted the application. If HR and ATO follow the regs I will be hired

Well ultimately the decision is with ATO. I meet all of the requirements and the ATM says he wants to hire me that’s why he submitted the application. If HR and ATO follow the regs I will be hired

Does it matter if the facility is below or above the national average/100% for you to go there?

Can someone point me to where I can find the reinstatement SOP?

Is the separation requirement 1 year out of the agency or just out of a 2152 position?

Can someone point me to where I can find the reinstatement SOP?

Is the separation requirement 1 year out of the agency or just out of a 2152 position?
It requires one year out of the agency to apply to a new facility.

This thread has a ton of information and the sop for the ATO and HR.

Back
Top Bottom