Prior Exp List. Opinions?

Really up to you and your preferences. Far from the worst list I’ve seen! I’m at ROC and I’m really happy with it.

Go to ROC original poster. They have a horrible training program, you look like you have star military experience to get that huge list.

Go there, certify to show them they suck, then make level 10 pay at a level 6 in a Low COLA facility on your 6 day weeks for the rest of your career.

Buy a condo in the Finger Lakes, get addicted to wine and call it a great life vs. today’s average ATC FAA lifestyle.

I'm at BHM if you have any questions. Low cost of living. Training program is good. Everyone here is chill.

Go to ROC original poster. They have a horrible training program, you look like you have star military experience to get that huge list.

Go there, certify to show them they suck, then make level 10 pay at a level 6 in a Low COLA facility on your 6 day weeks for the rest of your career.

Buy a condo in the Finger Lakes, get addicted to wine and call it a great life vs. today’s average ATC FAA lifestyle.
Not in reddit, but this belongs in r/oddlyspecific

VNY will be upgrading to a 9 soon. 3 months above the buffer for a 9 and on track to holding it again for the 4th month and the traffic count team will be coming. Basic info:

- 5 day work weeks
- no mandatory OT. no means no
- 6am - 10:30 PM hours
- preferred schedule: multiple people work all nights or days, some people choose to cascade
- 0 trainees, 1 inbound. You won't be waiting to start
- Good work culture and union and management relationships are great
- ~ 1 year to certify depending on how good you are

bottom of the level 9 band + LA locality + 10% CIP = $142k

then there's JOEY Bs 5% raise in jan so lets call it 145k

Last edited:
AZO is actually an 8. I have a friend there and they love it mix of busy and slow scopes with decent tower traffic. Not a 24 hour facility either. If you get the east wall you only work approach west is up down. The environment is pretty good and they like their atm. Only problem is its in central Michigan but depending on what you like that could be good or bad. Low cost of living fun downtown area.

View attachment 8934View attachment 8935

Any opinions would be great. Thank you.
COS would’ve been a great option 10 years ago. Not anymore, unless you’re looking to put in an ERR soon after checkout. Home prices are insane here without enough locality to compensate for it and traffic is nuts. Loads of Californians, Texans, etc. have flooded the state. Also, avoid ASE like the plague. If you go there, you’re bound to be stuck there for almost 10 years. There’s a reason it’s on everyone’s list all the time. Decent enough list, though. I’d stick to a 7 or above for ERR purposes. Good luck, chief. Let us know what you end up getting.

Not sure if this is the same person from Reddit, but I am at PIT if you have any questions. Overall good work environment.

DPA was a well staffed fun facility. Revolving door, quick checkout if you can keep up with local, and enough people tied to the Chicago area so it’s not like everyone was trying to get out. I was there years ago but I’ve seen them release plenty. I was in and out in under 2 years.

COS would’ve been a great option 10 years ago. Not anymore, unless you’re looking to put in an ERR soon after checkout. Home prices are insane here without enough locality to compensate for it and traffic is nuts. Loads of Californians, Texans, etc. have flooded the state. Also, avoid ASE like the plague. If you go there, you’re bound to be stuck there for almost 10 years. There’s a reason it’s on everyone’s list all the time. Decent enough list, though. I’d stick to a 7 or above for ERR purposes. Good luck, chief. Let us know what you end up getting.
I was stoked to see COS on my list, but after looking at sale/rental prices, it didn't even make top 10.

I was stoked to see COS on my list, but after looking at sale/rental prices, it didn't even make top 10.
Good call. I’ve lived in Colorado most of my life. I got out of the Air Force and was stoked to come home when I saw PUB on my list and figured I’d commute from Springs. After 2 years of that and Springs real estate and rental pricing, I said fuck that and bought in Pueblo. Colorado is a train wreck nowadays. Even Pueblo is insane if you’re buying in a nice neighborhood on the north side. Over $400K for a new home. In Pueblo. I need to get the fuck out of here.

Recently got my list and saw APA was on it. Starting to lean towards putting that as my #1. I see numerous topics discussing to avoid level 8s but does that apply strictly to up downs or towers as well. Would ultimately like to transfer to a level 12 down the line. Should I look more at the level 7 and lower towers on my list like PDK, st lucie, TMB, DPA, TUS, FPR

If your ultimate goal is to transfer, go to whichever facility has the lowest checkout time + best staffing.

Going to a higher facility in hopes that a 12 will “want you more” doesn’t matter anymore. They can put you at #1 but if you’re at a facility that can’t release, the level 5 tower guy who’s facility is a revolving door is getting picked up ahead of you 10/10 times

TMB. All day. It’s a 7 with CIP and will probably get the 8 soon. Yes the volume is there but it’s an easy operation with the 2 locals. 100 percent success rate. Staffing makes this place a revolving door

Back
Top Bottom