Private Investigator Interview

FutureATC

Hey Peoples,

I have been getting called by a rep who wants to go over a form that I filled out. She is saying that is requested by the Department of Transportation. Has anyone had to do this security clearance investigation before? I just want to make sure I won't be annihilated lol.

It’s nit a private investigator it’s a federal agent. It’s fairly common. I had to do it to. Means they just want something clarified that came up on your background check. Could be because of collections, credit score, trouble with the law etc. just be honest about anything and everything because they already know the answers they just want to hear your side.

Hey Peoples,

I have been getting called by a rep who wants to go over a form that I filled out. She is saying that is requested by the Department of Transportation. Has anyone had to do this security clearance investigation before? I just want to make sure I won't be annihilated lol.
It’s pretty common.

It’s nit a private investigator it’s a federal agent. It’s fairly common. I had to do it to. Means they just want something clarified that came up on your background check. Could be because of collections, credit score, trouble with the law etc. just be honest about anything and everything because they already know the answers they just want to hear your side.

Just to add on to this, sometimes the investigations are contracted out in certain areas. I had an interview with someone who was contracted out for my case and he made it clear he was not a federal agent.

Ok thank you for providing some insight.

Just to add on to this, sometimes the investigations are contracted out in certain areas. I had an interview with someone who was contracted out for my case and he made it clear he was not a federal agent.
Ok good to know

I just did it a month or so ago. For me, they pretty much read through the entire background check form line by line and verified it all. They also asked a bunch of followup questions about some discipline I received at my previous job.

Happened to me, mine was just a phone call though. Asked a few questions, nothing peculiar. They said it was just a discrepancy in some paperwork

Same here met with me in my town MIA in December. Met with a relative in a small town in north FL and family in ATL. He mentioned I may finally be headed to OKC as early as March. I imagine that may possibly not be the case now with the govt shutdown still going on. I'm one of the few here from the 8/2016 bid.

Not a big deal. I had to speak to one when I was going through the hiring process. You just pick a mutually agreed to time and meet at a local library and spend and hour or so answering questions. When I was done, the investigator (in this case a contractor with OPM) sat back and talked about NCIS until my ride showed up. Just be open and honest and it is quite painless.

Back
Top Bottom