Medical Reporting Covid Results

Straw man

I became really sick yesterday with a fever, headache, body aches, etc and am worried that I may have covid. I'm a trainee who's been on EA since the pandemic started and don't see any immediate return to my facility anytime soon, so I'm not worried about passing this to anybody else at my facility. I've set myself up for a covid test in a couple days. If I test positive, do I really have to report it to the FAA? I'd really rather not as I've heard that the flight surgeon in my region is notorious for delaying people from getting their medical back. Would they find out anyway if I get myself tested?

I became really sick yesterday with a fever, headache, body aches, etc and am worried that I may have covid. I'm a trainee who's been on EA since the pandemic started and don't see any immediate return to my facility anytime soon, so I'm not worried about passing this to anybody else at my facility. I've set myself up for a covid test in a couple days. If I test positive, do I really have to report it to the FAA? I'd really rather not as I've heard that the flight surgeon in my region is notorious for delaying people from getting their medical back. Would they find out anyway if I get myself tested?
It’s something that you’ll have to report on your next medical anyway. So if it’s expected that you tell the flight surgeon now(idk if it is) then you risk trouble down the the line if/when they find out. But also it wouldn’t be the first time someone successfully hid medical stuff from the FAA.

I had a kidney stone in the spring but passed it very short order. It was on my RDOs and did not affect any of my shifts. I was fine prior to my first day back. I decided to wait till my physical to report it. The flight surgeon was not happy. I ultimately did not get in any trouble but was advised in the strongest terms to never do anything like that again. I would report as it would seem once recovered you would be the opposite of at risk.

I know someone who got exposed and tested negative 5 days after the exposure and they let them work

Was your medical taken away? What happened to the person who actually had it and did they have to do anything to get their medical back or just wait it out?
I had it and I lost my medical 10 days from the positive test. For reference I saw on an email from the FS that it is 14 days for a suspected case, or you were in close contact with someone who tested positive, and 10 days for a positive test. I'm in the southern region.

Was your medical taken away? What happened to the person who actually had it and did they have to do anything to get their medical back or just wait it out?
For 14 days from the last exposure or 10 days from the last exposure with a negative test. Plus you get straight admin if you were the one exposed.

I would save it until the Christmas time leave

Back
Top Bottom