Returning to the Academy Question

BogiDama

Friend in Flight Data is a tower washout looking to try the Enroute route in the future and was informed that he can just ERR onto the floor. When he goes to the academy, would it be pass/pass as it is for center washouts going to tower? It was to my understanding that it would be pass/pass for him since he's already been through the academy once. It's a factor in his decision making, so we wanted to make sure.

Friend in Flight Data is a tower washout looking to try the Enroute route in the future and was informed that he can just ERR onto the floor. When he goes to the academy, would it be pass/pass as it is for center washouts going to tower? It was to my understanding that it would be pass/pass for him since he's already been through the academy once. It's a factor in his decision making, so we wanted to make sure.
Tell “your friend in flight data” he was probably sold a hill of beans. There is no mechanism for a Flight Service person or a Flight Data 2154 job code to ERR to ATC. Sometimes the agency or NATCA will tell people they are working on that but it’s just a trick to get people to accept Alaska flight service or Center 2154 jobs which in most cases you would be better of resigning. So the original question is irrelevant as it’s not logical. Just like it’s irrelevant to ask if Trump was a guilty party in colluding with Russia (because no collision with Russia ever existed).

Tell “your friend in flight data” he was probably sold a hill of beans. There is no mechanism for a Flight Service person or a Flight Data 2154 job code to ERR to ATC. Sometimes the agency or NATCA will tell people they are working on that but it’s just a trick to get people to accept Alaska flight service or Center 2154 jobs which in most cases you would be better of resigning. So the original question is irrelevant as it’s not logical. Just like it’s irrelevant to ask if Trump was a guilty party in colluding with Russia (because no collision with Russia ever existed).

Well, I know for sure that it's possible for 2154 to ERR back to the floor as I can name 2 people from one facility who have done it within the past year or 2. The only difference between their situation and his is that they were Center Developmentals, who withdrew from training for reasons unknown. Side note, it's irrelevant to ask any politician about anything and expect to get a complete and truthful answer, cause, you know, politicians.

Maybe your right but I highly doubt it. We need the lead Moderator MJ to step in and answer that, only he would know for sure. Where you at MJ? Your stationed at NCT is still pretty early there you should still be up.

FD 2154 can't ERR into a 2152 position, FSS possibly could since it is a 2152 position but there is other factors which make it hard to determine. Also, there is a difference between a washout and a resignation. What you are probably referencing are prior-developmentals who resigned but were able to become rated on something significant enough to convince an ATM to direct hire them, which is a whole other process and I'm fairly sure it's not open for those who aren't CPC for a 52 week period at some point.

Since most towers are far easier than ARTCC, it probably won't end well for her. That said, I hear Oakland Center is looking for volunteers. You will have to wade through poop to get to work everyday, but look at the bright side: 40% locality and 10% CIP means every shift is OT! Alameda county is basically the Guiness World record holder for largest toilet. ???

I know a person that was certified at a very slow facility. Person quit and went to work Flight Data for enroute. Was then hired in this summer to that same enroute facility as a controller.

GTFO that's ridiculous
That's the future of the FAA dawg. I say more power to em. Put in your 52 weeks of 2152 then say fuck you I'm out. Maybe teach the FAA to amend hiring practices to place initial hires in the geographic location that they actually want to be in (if feasible [the ATO is at like 65% staffing so it's probably fucking feasible])...pair that with hiring some competent HR reps and you have a recipe for slightly better retention and reduced attrition than we currently have.

Of course knowing the FAA theyll probably turn around and close that loophole and then people will just straight up quit instead of quitting with a purpose.

That's FAA reinstatement, a legitimate hiring path in the Previous Experience Placement SOP. I imagine it is a gamble, and on top of that you'll have a fun time trying to explain to the average ATM what you're trying to do and getting them to go along with it.

Back
Top Bottom