RTF Pass/Fail?

I think you highly overestimate what a center training department is. I’m not even against rtf it’s weird you don’t have to pass it
One of the huge reasons trading departments are bad throughout the country is becaus the field overwhelmingly look down on jobs that are out of the operation. Im Not saying it’s not well deserved at some where the employees are complete shitheads, but hardly anyone wants those jobs. If more of us wanted those jobs we would get better candidates and a better product.

One of the huge reasons trading departments are bad throughout the country is becaus the field overwhelmingly look down on jobs that are out of the operation. Im Not saying it’s not well deserved at some where the employees are complete shitheads, but hardly anyone wants those jobs. If more of us wanted those jobs we would get better candidates and a better product.
For sure. Or if you could just stay in the FAA and get more years of high pay. My main point is that whoever teaches it you’re just getting the pointless FAA power points.

Only if you are on the TETRA track, RTF is pass fail, this way if you pass RTF but fail TETRA you will be retained at a lower level up down, rather than fired since TETRA is N90 only.

Yeah that’s a great idea. Let’s take people who are tower certified at their facilities, probably tower cic’s used for staffing at already understaffed up/downs, and if they don’t figure out radar and learn stupid academy airspace with with idiotic procedures and trash LOAs in 2 weeks let’s wash them out, rather than have them go back to the real life airspace they actually know and where their facility needs them, because washing a trainee for an arbitrary reason outside of training on real traffic at their actual facility in their actual airspace they actually need to know is a great way to increase staffing at the hardest to staff facilities.

People already don’t want to go to up/downs because of the ncept disparities, therefore making it so if a person goes to one their job is at risk again is a brilliant idea. Look at the big brain on brad here. I bet you’re the ATO COO aren’t you?
If they can’t learn basic LOA and procedures at RTF, they probably won’t be too much better with live traffic and procedures. It’s pretty dumbed down

If they can’t learn basic LOA and procedures at RTF, they probably won’t be too much better with live traffic and procedures. It’s pretty dumbed down
There are more than a few CPCs who did poor/mediocre/average at RTF who did just fine at their facility and are now fully certified who would disagree. Radar is a totally new game and it takes some people longer than others, but everyone Is entitled to a fair shot

There are more than a few CPCs who did poor/mediocre/average at RTF who did just fine at their facility and are now fully certified who would disagree. Radar is a totally new game and it takes some people longer than others, but everyone Is entitled to a fair shot
Then they shouldn’t be able to wash the rest of us out on it

I just mean initial radar training. Like tracon people get a free warmup
Oh I agree, center people should definitely go to rtf or something similar. I don't want to say center is easier or anything because i've never worked at one, but people with no radar or low level up down do much better at my tracon than center only people. The center only background people usually just complain most of the time about how stars isn't as good as center equipment or blame everyone of their losses on bad procedures, since doing something to prevent it would have required a vector or a plan of some sort. I guess planning ahead and vectoring isn't something required in some of center areas to be successful.

Oh I agree, center people should definitely go to rtf or something similar. I don't want to say center is easier or anything because i've never worked at one, but people with no radar or low level up down do much better at my tracon than center only people. The center only background people usually just complain most of the time about how stars isn't as good as center equipment or blame everyone of their losses on bad procedures, since doing something to prevent it would have required a vector or a plan of some sort. I guess planning ahead and vectoring isn't something required in some of center areas to be successful.
Yah. I’d say vectoring is the hardest thing to learn snd get comfortable with and the only way to get good is to practice it. So a 2 months practice would be really nice.

Yah. I’d say vectoring is the hardest thing to learn snd get comfortable with and the only way to get good is to practice it. So a 2 months practice would be really nice.
If you ever decide to to go to a 10+ tracon, you now get to and it's not pass fail, its called TSEW and you get 20 days of practice. RTF is 25 days, which you can also request to go. I have see that a couple times with prior center controllers.

It’s 2 weeks of practice. They get it Because low levels don’t have the training facilities centers have, or the exposure. You’re constantly exposed to the radar environment in a Z where the tower is literally a segregated part Of the facility.

You clearly are having trouble with comprehension, up/down or tracon people who aren’t initial hires have to pass/fail radar labs at their own facilities. No one is getting a free pass or free practice, certainly not 2 months.

I'm also guessing RTF isn't pass/fail for TRACON folk because they're probably pass their 1 year probation time and getting fired is probably a bigger ordeal/headache than firing some dude that's been at the academy for a few months.

I think C90 was the facility that developed it. I don't know of any other facilities that use it in the field though. They didn't do a very good job of teaching it at TSEW in my opinion.
To do C to A on final you need a long final, but once you learn the concepts they transfer over to other stuff like feeding and sequencing off the final. That being said I think TSEW is generally a waste of time and our local class at C90 does a better job of teaching it and its on our own airspace and procedures.

To do C to A on final you need a long final, but once you learn the concepts they transfer over to other stuff like feeding and sequencing off the final. That being said I think TSEW is generally a waste of time and our local class at C90 does a better job of teaching it and its on our own airspace and procedures.
Tsew going to do a great job of delaying everyone 6 months for a useless fucking class. Thanks FAA.

If you ever decide to to go to a 10+ tracon, you now get to and it's not pass fail, its called TSEW and you get 20 days of practice. RTF is 25 days, which you can also request to go. I have see that a couple times with prior center controllers.
I believe it’s 9+ TRACONS now.

Back
Top Bottom