RVP need to get voted out!!

N90 used to have a locally negotiated leave policy that allowed for something like one transfer out every six months. So if you found a place willing to wait and take you in 2.5 years, you could be released today and actually leave N90 in 2.5 years. You’d be the sixth scheduled person to leave N90 (1 today, 1 in 6 months, 1 in 12 months, etc.). I’d imagine that’s how Santa got out.

From my understanding he's only been at a center that's in the middle of nowhere OH-IO and was AG in the 90's before us newer controllers were even born sooooo checks out
What’s the location of his center got to do with anything?

Everybody is focused on the Presidential race, but just like in real politics, the state elections (in our case regional) is much more immediately impactful to the voters. This thread is the first thing I’ve seen about the RVPs. Congressional approval rates are around 15-20% and yet over 90% of candidates win re-election. The same thing happens with us, we bitch and moan about the NEB but don’t vote them out. According to BCHOOSIER:

“Our current President and EVP were members of the NEB at the time of the extension. Furthermore, of the 12 NEB members at the time of the extension, 9 of the 12 are still members of the NEB. Jim, who just retired last month or so would of been the 10th member. Brian, replaced Rich. Nick, who was the ARVP, replaced Andrew. Paul is on the payroll and hanging around. Dean is still the Chief of Staff. So outside of Trish, the past team, is still our current team.”

Everybody is focused on the Presidential race, but just like in real politics, the state elections (in our case regional) is much more immediately impactful to the voters. This thread is the first thing I’ve seen about the RVPs. Congressional approval rates are around 15-20% and yet over 90% of candidates win re-election. The same thing happens with us, we bitch and moan about the NEB but don’t vote them out. According to BCHOOSIER:

“Our current President and EVP were members of the NEB at the time of the extension. Furthermore, of the 12 NEB members at the time of the extension, 9 of the 12 are still members of the NEB. Jim, who just retired last month or so would have been the 10th member. Brian, replaced Rich. Nick, who was the ARVP, replaced Andrew. Paul is on the payroll and hanging around. Dean is still the Chief of Staff. So outside of Trish, the past team, is still our current team.”
And most are re-elected by default without anyone running against them.

“Our current President and EVP were members of the NEB at the time of the extension. Furthermore, of the 12 NEB members at the time of the extension, 9 of the 12 are still members of the NEB. Jim, who just retired last month or so would of been the 10th member. Brian, replaced Rich. Nick, who was the ARVP, replaced Andrew. Paul is on the payroll and hanging around. Dean is still the Chief of Staff. So outside of Trish, the past team, is still our current team.”
I agree with some of your points but the one that who your RVP is is more impactful to you is wrong. It's borderline completely insignificant. Over the decades, these guys never break rank. We do have an election this year with a NEB challenging the President, but that is the first time that has happen in close to 20 years (Zilonis sort of did, but retired after the election, he didn't go back to the NEB). Look at the NEB meeting minutes over the years, almost every vote in unanimous.

I also don't believe the insanity that individual people on the NEB can upend the rest and make huge impacts like rumor on Redit that Daniels blocked a raise for three centers, or Mick's lies that the NTI is all or largely all on Jamal Haltom (who is not even on the NEB). Nothing like that happens unless the NEB, President, the dweeb attorney, the social media bitch, and consultants are all in agreement. The COVID response, the contract extension, the Biden endorsement, NCEPT, NTI, whatever you want to pick.

Maybe it is changing now, we do have a legit candidate on the NEB challenging the President. Hopefully half the NEB endorsed one candidate and half the other so it starts to work more like "congress" as you reference.

Back
Top Bottom