Seniority Date Questions

Is there any sort of resource that shows how much of the workforce is at each year of seniority? I have 7 years seniority, and I am losing a little bit of hope that I'll ever have anything other than Tu/W or W/Th. I am at a mid level facility, where I am within a few slots of the bottom, and I was just picked up to a high level facility where things will be the same. It feels like 90% of the workforce were hired in the decade prior to me arriving, but maybe I'm just having bad luck where I go.

Is there any sort of resource that shows how much of the workforce is at each year of seniority? I have 7 years seniority, and I am losing a little bit of hope that I'll ever have anything other than Tu/W or W/Th. I am at a mid level facility, where I am within a few slots of the bottom, and I was just picked up to a high level facility where things will be the same. It feels like 90% of the workforce were hired in the decade prior to me arriving, but maybe I'm just having bad luck where I go.
Pretty SOL for terminal. If the RDOs are that important enroute is the ticket. Multiple people I know switched from middle terminal to upper enroute and have weekends and Friday Saturday off now. Centers get flooded with so many new people unlike upper level terminal facilities. 11 years and I added Thur/Fri to your list lol.

Pretty SOL for terminal. If the RDOs are that important enroute is the ticket. Multiple people I know switched from middle terminal to upper enroute and have weekends and Friday Saturday off now. Centers get flooded with so many new people unlike upper level terminal facilities. 11 years and I added Thur/Fri to your list lol.
Damn.. kinda figured. Was hoping maybe all the hires from the last 5 years were still stuck at level 4-7 facilities. But every time we get someone new they're above me lol.

Member portal on NATCA.org, go to facility section and it shows each member per facility, with seniority date.
Thanks for the reply. I actually found that the other day and was able to see where I rank at my new facility (terribly). I was more curious from an overall standpoint, like what % the BUEs are junior to 2014. I'm assuming there isn't a resource for that.

~08-12 was the golden age of hiring. Anything after that there will be a seniority wall at a lot of places

Member portal on NATCA.org, go to facility section and it shows each member per facility, with seniority date.
A nice and convenient way to find out the seniority of the ERR pickups!

A question came up in a discussion a few mids ago, that neither of us knew the answer:
If one was to leave the union, does that affect their seniority date for schedule bidding?

A nice and convenient way to find out the seniority of the ERR pickups!

A question came up in a discussion a few mids ago, that neither of us knew the answer:
If one was to leave the union, does that affect their seniority date for schedule bidding?
No

~08-12 was the golden age of hiring. Anything after that there will be a seniority wall at a lot of places
Yeah I’m never going see top 5 in my career

I thought you had to be an officer or something like that to see that stuff

No. Definitely not. Whether you join the union at the beginning of your career or not, you will still have the same seniority date

No. Definitely not. Whether you join the union at the beginning of your career or not, you will still have the same seniority date
Should have an impact though. Fuck those freeloading bastards! Jk, kinda. Guessing it would be illegal to punish them in that regard for not being in the union.

Should have an impact though. Fuck those freeloading bastards! Jk, kinda. Guessing it would be illegal to punish them in that regard for not being in the union.
Yup. Federal laws. Once you get to your first facility you get your seniority date. Tie breaker is when you joined the agency. It’s all spelled out in the contract. If you take a temp supervisor bid, you lose the time as a supe in seniority when you come back.

Yup. Federal laws. Once you get to your first facility you get your seniority date. Tie breaker is when you joined the agency. It’s all spelled out in the contract. If you take a temp supervisor bid, you lose the time as a supe in seniority when you come back.
Not just that time. There’s people at my facility that have dates 15 years before me that took a supe job and went back to NATCA, and their seniority dates are then set at when they went back to being a BUE. I’m not sure if they were permanent bids though

Not just that time. There’s people at my facility that have dates 15 years before me that took a supe job and went back to NATCA, and their seniority dates are then set at when they went back to being a BUE. I’m not sure if they were permanent bids though
That sounds like a permanent OS bid. That’s the obvious way seniority resets. Figured you of all people wouldn’t need to state that.

Back
Top Bottom