Starting Terminal

dgarland9

Lurker
I’m new here so please forgive me if there is already a post about my question. Starting the academy in sept and as far as placement goes after that what should I expect as far selection? I spoke to someone who just got out and was told our choices will only be level 5-7, is that true? Also was wondering how long it would take to be able to get into a higher level facility. Thanks

I’m new here so please forgive me if there is already a post about my question. Starting the academy in sept and as far as placement goes after that what should I expect as far selection? I spoke to someone who just got out and was told our choices will only be level 5-7, is that true? Also was wondering how long it would take to be able to get into a higher level facility. Thanks
They are correct. And it depends where you go, what the staffing is like, and how long it takes you to certify amongst other things

Incorrect. Level 4-7 are offered

If it's any consolation, it wouldn't be fair to the people who have been in the agency for a while if a new tower class was offered the best facilities available right off the bat. Having an academy graduate move in to a level 11 or 12 tower while someone who's been in the agency a while just made it to the same level facility could be looked at as unfair treatment.

That, plus if I recall didn't the FAA try sending new grads to higher towers at one point and the wash out rate was astronomical?

Once you've passed the academy, certified at your facility, and have some experience, THEN try to move up based on your own ability and desire to work busier traffic. Don’t try to chase the money.
True words here. A lot of people chase the money but there is something to be said for working you way up based off your own ability.

Back
Top Bottom