Statement of Service Template

DLewLuvsYew

Good afternoon. I am finally within 120 days of separating from the Air Force in applying for the latest bid. Does anyone have a template for a service letter or know all of the information that needs to be contained in that letter and who has to sign it? I appreciate the help.

Good afternoon. I am finally within 120 days of separating from the Air Force in applying for the latest bid. Does anyone have a template for a service letter or know all of the information that needs to be contained in that letter and who has to sign it? I appreciate the help.
I just put a screenshot of my statement of service that I found on vMPF and they accepted that then when I got my DD214 I sent it into HR.

When I called HR with the same question they said I needed a statement of service signed by my commander. Here's mine with redacted stuff and the template that my AFRC sent me. My vMPF statement of service did not have my projected character status (Honorable) because that's not really a thing and you only see that once you are past your DOS. That's why HR asked me to get a letter signed by my commander because that's the only way to get a projected character status. But it seems like most people get by with just waiting for the DD214 to get released and then submit it to their HR rep for the true character status. I just didn't want to have any reason to not get referred so I submitted like 14 different documents and images with the application so they won't have to ask me for anything.

Attachments

• Statement of Service SAMPLE TEMPLATE - VOW Certification (Final) (002).pdf
    26 KB · Views: 20
  • Statement+of+Service-edited.pdf
    72.4 KB · Views: 10
I was navy but I just asked for one and my admin people knew what to do, just tell them you need the separation date and terminal date on it.

When I called HR with the same question they said I needed a statement of service signed by my commander. Here's mine with redacted stuff and the template that my AFRC sent me. My vMPF statement of service did not have my projected character status (Honorable) because that's not really a thing and you only see that once you are past your DOS. That's why HR asked me to get a letter signed by my commander because that's the only way to get a projected character status. But it seems like most people get by with just waiting for the DD214 to get released and then submit it to their HR rep for the true character status. I just didn't want to have any reason to not get referred so I submitted like 14 different documents and images with the application so they won't have to ask me for anything.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you very much.

Back
Top Bottom