Terminal Class pass rate

Josephml21 I believe you mean Casper.

Casper is what I meant, thanks.

This is the dumbest argument in the history of dumb arguments. You can fly (travel) almost anywhere from anywhere in 5 hours and 42 minutes. There are 700 cities within a 6 hour drive from each other on the east coast. Pick Florence it's only a few hours for Charlotte and a 45 minute flight from D.C...
And I don't even know how to respond to the San Diego thing.

How is that a dumb argument? Because you don't agree? Sure you can fly anywhere in 5+30 hours but at what cost? These are new employees that are on limited budgets. If money wasn't an issue then people wouldn't mind working at Aspen or Nantucket!

It's their first facility... Look at the list and make a decision. Cheap cost of living, close or unique things to do on weekends to keep you from losing your mind at you're first facility.

If you have a better pick from the list then tell us what it is and give some supporting arguments. I'm sure all the new kids would like to hear your opinion, that's probably why some of them post the list.

Casper is what I meant, thanks.

How is that a dumb argument? Because you don't agree? Sure you can fly anywhere in 5+30 hours but at what cost? These are new employees that are on limited budgets. If money wasn't an issue then people wouldn't mind working at Aspen or Nantucket!

It's their first facility... Look at the list and make a decision. Cheap cost of living, close or unique things to do on weekends to keep you from losing your mind at you're first facility.

If you have a better pick from the list then tell us what it is and give some supporting arguments. I'm sure all the new kids would like to hear your opinion, that's probably why some of them post the list.
My post had nothing to do with Pasco as a facility. Could be the jewel of the NAS for I know. 'Go to Pasco cuz of Vancouver' was a jaw dropping argument.

My post had nothing to do with Pasco as a facility. Could be the jewel of the NAS for I know. 'Go to Pasco cuz of Vancouver' was a jaw dropping argument.
Alright... There was more than just Vancouver in the post. I guess I've run into quite a few of people that have never left the US and maybe the thought of being driving distance or a cheap flight to Canada would appeal to them. At least Canada is safe.

I lived in Harlingen for a few years back in the 90's and we use to walk across the border to Mexico every weekend but I wouldn't do that shit now.

Sent to the NEST for placement at another facility.

Depends what bid you are hired on, no?

Not really surprised by that first part tbh

I mean what did anyone expect? We’re talking about a place that people with prior military and FAA experience have trouble with. It’s no knock to those guys who are OTS and there now. Those OTS guys didn’t have a choice but to go there and give it a shot. It’s not like they were given a list to choose from.

LGA area has washed 8/8 so far in the labs from OTS TETRA. Don’t know if any of the other areas have had OTS in classes yet. In my area we washed 1 prior experience new hire in the last lab class but have been 7/8 otherwise (all transfers). Our OTS trainees are rotting in CD/FD anywhere til this Sept through beginning of 2020.
One of the funniest FAA website articles was about 9 months ago when a story talked about the “overwhelming success” of the TETRA program..... because it had a 35/36 pass rate the first few classes. The alleged hardest screen ever, which was supposed to only clear and send people to N90 who would have a great chance to succeed there, had higher pass rates when the academy in 2008-2010 in the initial hiring blitz. If it’s not adjusted what a waste that program has been, as you are allegedly seeing in the field.

One of the funniest FAA website articles was about 9 months ago when a story talked about the “overwhelming success” of the TETRA program..... because it had a 35/36 pass rate the first few classes. The alleged hardest screen ever, which was supposed to only clear and send people to N90 who would have a great chance to succeed there, had higher pass rates when the academy in 2008-2010 in the initial hiring blitz. If it’s not adjusted what a waste that program has been, as you are allegedly seeing in the field.

Sad to see because you have people who think they are being prepared only to come and find out that they’re underprepared and were put into a really hard situation.

And this forum loves you. ERR to PIT, you won't be disappointed lol.

I kinda wanna ERR to PIT, but need to do it incognito. Ru guys still level 9? thats a nice sweet spot in the pay band relatively speaking.

p.s. this thread is indeed epic

I kinda wanna ERR to PIT, but need to do it incognito. Ru guys still level 9? thats a nice sweet spot in the pay band relatively speaking.

p.s. this thread is indeed epic
Still right in the middle of a 9. I came here from an 11 so the dollar to planes worked ratio is nice. Cheap cost of living and tons to do. Awesome schools for the kids compared to where I was at.

Overall I'm very happy!

Back
Top Bottom