Terminal Class pass rate

Get ready to hate King County and Seattle.
When I was stationed in the middle of nowhere rural as hell Whidbey Island, Washington, Seattle was the only place my wife and I felt at home in the entire state. If you love rural america, everywhere else in Washington probably is great. If you need that city life like we did, Seattle is perfect for you. It's one of the few colder climate cities I'd love to live in.

Last edited:
I am new to the site, but it seems like everyone who starts the Terminal route should just accept that there is a high possibility that you will be assigned a facility in the middle of nowhere. May as well get over it and accept rural life for a "couple" years. It ain't too bad now y'all. Good ol country folk are friendly. Yeeyee!

I am new to the site, but it seems like everyone who starts the Terminal route should just accept that there is a high possibility that you will be assigned a facility in the middle of nowhere. May as well get over it and accept rural life for a "couple" years. It ain't too bad now y'all. Good ol country folk are friendly. Yeeyee!
Must be nice. “Good ol Country folk” in Walmart tried to harass my mother in law for using her carribbean accent on her cell phone when she came to visit us.

#Triggered
Very. But all I’m saying is while it is sensible for anyone coming into the FAA to accept that their first facility will probably be somewhere they don’t plan to stay at, it is irresponsible, and naive, to expect that everyone wants to be out in good old boy middle america, especially in those communities that may not reflect the new controller.

Must be nice. “Good ol Country folk” in Walmart tried to harass my mother in law for using her carribbean accent on her cell phone when she came to visit us.
Agreed. Sorry to hear that. I am not much of a country person myself. On the off chance I ever get sent to the academy and IF I "pass" by the skin of my teeth and given options like Shreveport Louisiana , Monroe Louisiana, or Jackson Mississippi, I reckon I will choose the best staffed facility and get the hell over it. Get your cowboy boots and hats while they're on sell?

Last edited:
Agreed. Sorry to hear that. I am not much of a country person myself. On the off chance I ever get sent to the academy and IF I "pass" by the skin of my teeth and given options like Shreveport Louisiana , Monroe Louisiana, or Jackson Mississippi, I reckon I will choose the best staffed facility and get the hell over it. Get your cowboy boots and hats while they're on sell?
It’s a crap shoot really. When I got to my current facility people were stepping over each other and staffing was great. Fast forward a few years and its 12 month release dates and people have 150-300 hours of overtime already for the year

It’s a crap shoot really. When I got to my current facility people were stepping over each other and staffing was great. Fast forward a few years and its 12 month release dates and people have 150-300 hours of overtime already for the year
Roger, so the staffing at these facilities are extremely flexible/volatile? Is there no good/reliable way to check staffing? Doesn't MJ and Stinger keep up with that information or is it just a guessing game? Also, outside of staffing, the only other factor I should be concerned with is training time/environment?

Roger, so the staffing at these facilities are extremely flexible/volatile? Is there no good/reliable way to check staffing? Doesn't MJ and Stinger keep up with that information or is it just a guessing game? Also, outside of staffing, the only other factor I should be concerned with is training time/environment?

His facility is special.... Lol

Doesn't MJ and Stinger keep up with that information or is it just a guessing game?
IF you're talking about what I think you're talking about, current facility staffing levels can be found under the resources tab at the top of the page.

IF you're talking about what I think you're talking about, current facility staffing levels can be found under the resources tab at the top of the page.
Got it. Yeah, I was familiar with the resources just didn't know if they get updated regularly or not.

Ye
I guess the point I was trying to make is that. yeah you can keep up with staffing levels but that doesn’t give you an accurate idea of how long you’ll be there. There could be a bunch of people who just got checked out and are also trying to leave so by the time you get there staffing won’t be so good anymore and you may be there longer than you anticipate.

Another issue people seem to be forgetting is the sequestration from a few years back where nobody could move if it meant they got a raise. And what’s the point of transferring if you’re not going to make more money? I ended up being at my facility for almost a year more than I had wanted just because of the sequestration

Man, seeing all of these lists recently makes me feel like my class hit a gold mine

Pasco is nowhere near Vancouver

Get outta here with that shit! It's a 5 an a half hour drive. A little more than the drive from Phoenix to Vegas or Vegas to San Diego... Guess you don't want to work at Vegas, or San Diego / SCT or PHX because the drive to surrounding cities is too far. ?

Hell buy a plane ticket and enjoy your 45 min flight.

Maybe he means Vancouver Washington

I didn't but the argument still stands. When I worked in Phoenix we'd do weekend trips to Vegas all the time and occasionally San Diego. It was a 300 mile drive to Vegas, 562km comes out to 350mi.

Back to the original argument of the list that was posted, if I had to make a selection I guess I would pick Pasco. Still better than shit ass corpus or AMA or Shreveport.

Get outta here with that shit! It's a 5 an a half hour drive. A little more than the drive from Phoenix to Vegas or Vegas to San Diego... Guess you don't want to work at Vegas, or San Diego / SCT or PHX because the drive to surrounding cities is too far. ?

Hell buy a plane ticket and enjoy your 45 min flight.
This is the dumbest argument in the history of dumb arguments. You can fly (travel) almost anywhere from anywhere in 5 hours and 42 minutes. There are 700 cities within a 6 hour drive from each other on the east coast. Pick Florence it's only a few hours for Charlotte and a 45 minute flight from D.C...
And I don't even know how to respond to the San Diego thing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom