The ‘hard’ Saturday night mid shift

You can say that but when you have a slew of medical appointments schedule on your Friday it becomes a necessity. When you had to get a waiver for gene therapy and have to do everything from shitting in a special bucket to have loads of blood taken then yeah it makes sense to me and those on my crew I told on a personal level. The relieved crew would rather have taken the shove and grabbed an extra hour or so of sleep before the mid then just the 6.5 you usually got.

Credit was a god send and kept me from burning more sick leave than I could accrue. Talk about it how you wish and interpret it how you choose but when you play fast and loose with it, using it for valid medical appointments, it helps.

Now I didn’t have to give a reason for it and perhaps the entitlement was misinterpreted without a full explanation but this was the case at hand.
It sounds the same with the context. When it works out for you, it's a good thing. When it doesn't work out or isn't convenient for you, it's unfair and everyone else should pick up the slack. You're basically a hero.

There is no such thing as too many controllers on a shift. Denying credit is dumb. Denying it for some two in the bush possible holdover is also dumb.
You should request it tho. Not just show up whenever you feel like it. If you request it someone else could have gotten leave maybe

You should request it tho. Not just show up whenever you feel like it. If you request it someone else could have gotten leave maybe
In the same respect though if you request it ahead of time you might block someone from getting OT. Kind of a double edged sword.

Back
Top Bottom