Training hold

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be roughly a day and a half or two days to get currency now (8 hours). You could knock it out the first day of October and then not “work,” by yourself again, until the last day or two of November and still be current.
Yah that’s better. 16 would be most of one of your 3, 5 day stints

Today's news:
Central Service Area has had the most training accomplished. Leadership has been saying they came out guns blazing getting back into training. East and West have improved over the last week, but still have a ways to go.
Facilities have to train, it's important for the developmentals to get consistent training. The number of crews isn't important, consistent training is.
They'd love to see 2-3 hours a day per trainee, 5 days a week, but keep in mind the National Training Initiative isn't being pushed yet.
Wanting to phase in other developmentals next week, there's an ATM-and-higher meeting on Thursday morning.
(The above about phasing in developmentals next week was followed up by "more news to follow in the next couple weeks.")

I hope the people who came up with this shit happen to be flying here the first day a freshly minted Covid CPC has to work a 60 rate and learn speed control on the fly cause they checked out with 8 mile gaps on final.

I hope the people who came up with this shit happen to be flying here the first day a freshly minted Covid CPC has to work a 60 rate and learn speed control on the fly cause they checked out with 8 mile gaps on final.

I thought tracon 101 was to point them all at each other and hope they get visual!

Covid CPC, that’s perfect. Hope it sticks!

Just stop. The people training right now we’re likely already decently far in their training pre COVID. Just another “back in my day I had to sequence a 600 mile long final with nothing over three mile spacing, but we just did it because our skill was so much higher” argument. Whatever makes you feel special I guess.

Just stop. The people training right now we’re likely already decently far in their training pre COVID. Just another “back in my day I had to sequence a 600 mile long final with nothing over three mile spacing, but we just did it because our skill was so much higher” argument. Whatever makes you feel special I guess.

dude we’ve got a fuck ton of trainees who haven’t even been to the lab yet. I’m not talking about the people who were almost checked out already, although we don’t have any that were then 50% through in my area. And the majority of our trainees who haven’t started yet are OTS hires, so it’s not like they have any prior experience to fall back on.

I dont take issue with your notion that calling them Covid CPCs is dumb. But I do wonder why you think current trainees are decently far in their training? As I understand it, all you had to do to be training at the moment is be done with a control position.

I dont take issue with your notion that calling them Covid CPCs is dumb. But I do wonder why you think current trainees are decently far in their training? As I understand it, all you had to do to be training at the moment is be done with a control position.
Only based on my facility experience. The only ones training right now were done with at least half of their scopes

dude we’ve got a fuck ton of trainees who haven’t even been to the lab yet. I’m not talking about the people who were almost checked out already, although we don’t have any that were then 50% through in my area. And the majority of our trainees who haven’t started yet are OTS hires, so it’s not like they have any prior experience to fall back on.
Fair enough point, but they should be put through the ringer in the lab if there isn’t enough traffic to allow for them to learn what they need to

Those trainees aren’t back yet

Somebody pointed it out earlier but do you really think traffic is just gonna go from 40% to 100% overnight? No. Everything will build up gradually and you become a better controller working by yourself anyway. Given the gradual increase, I’m sure people will be fine.
While this is probably true for some people there are others who have a ceiling and no matter how much time they have to see it get busier they won’t be able to do it. We’ve all seen it, trainees that are fine when it’s normal but when it gets busy they just fall apart. It doesn’t matter how many times they see it.

I’m not saying to stop training or checking people out but there are legitimate concerns.

While this is probably true for some people there are others who have a ceiling and no matter how much time they have to see it get busier they won’t be able to do it. We’ve all seen it, trainees that are fine when it’s normal but when it gets busy they just fall apart. It doesn’t matter how many times they see it.

I’m not saying to stop training or checking people out but there are legitimate concerns.
There’s also people that certified now that certified on busy traffic that are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom