TRB

We were all trainees once, most of us were afraid of stepping on toes before we got certified.

If you're being harassed by a manager or union rep, why bring it up unless you absolutely have to? I can't imagine wanting to put that kind of target on my back as a trainee

Wasn’t harassed or anything but my training team at my first facility wasn’t a good fit for me. I was so scared to even say something about it that I just let it go until l eventually found myself in a TRB. For any of you trainees reading this, no one is gonna look after you, make sure if something isn’t working for you to speak up!

Wasn’t harassed or anything but my training team at my first facility wasn’t a good fit for me. I was so scared to even say something about it that I just let it go until l eventually found myself in a TRB. For any of you trainees reading this, no one is gonna look after you, make sure if something isn’t working for you to speak up!
We tell every trainee to say something and fire their trainers if it isn’t working out. Waiting till the TRB is a recipe for disaster

Weird because I did and all it did was make it worse. Management can't control em and the union is em

I think this all ties in to the toxic culture surrounding trainees that, albeit has vastly improved over the decades, still causes issues. The idea that trainees are “less than” employees until they certify creates an atmosphere where people are afraid to speak up or cause ripples over anything. The way COVID was handled was a prime example of the “trainees should shut up and take whatever they get” culture. For over a year people were forced to sit at home and if anyone even asked a question, they were told (by NATCA and management) to shut up and be happy they weren’t being laid off. Then these same “leadership” people ask why trainees don’t advocate for themselves. You can tell someone to stand up for their careers and fire bad trainers, for example, but if you fire shitty OJTI Bill but Bill happens to be besties with every other trainer on your crew, how do you think that’s gonna work out for you?

Back
Top Bottom