TSA Officer Hiring Question

Hey everyone, question...Im a swivel head controller in the agency, and I have a good friend who is trying to get on as a TSA officer. He passed the TSA aptitude test recently (apparently only 30% pass this test). They even make test prep software just like for the ATSA which I found interesting. Anyways he now has a contingent offer to attend the academy pending medical, background check etc. Little nervous about his medical because he does currently take depression medication. He really wants this job and I know he will be a great fit if hired.

Any insight of what actions he should take or have any of you heard any experiences like this regarding TSA hiring, if so does he have a chance? I assume coming clean with a note from his doctor is the most logical thing to do which his doctor will write for him.

Thanks!

If he’s currently on medication for depression, there’s almost no chance he would receive a medical clearance from the FAA. Maybe TSA would be different.

These kids need to learn how to live off of the meds. Even the high end federal law enforcement agencies like the FBI and Secret Service are frustrated. They get some perfect applicants on paper fresh out of graduate school, then have to DQ 40% of them during the background check as they are on or recently were on anti-depressants or similar bullshit drugs.

If he’s currently on medication for depression, there’s almost no chance he would receive a medical clearance from the FAA. Maybe TSA would be different.
Yea thats what I have been thinking, I know with faa there would be zero chance but I have read up on some online forums and it seems this is a flip of the coin deal. Could go either way, some have said they were hired while knowingly on these type of meds

Have your friend take a look at section 1.12.4 of this document. Looks like they have to be in treatment (or remission) and no side effects from that treatment, plus no suicide attempt in the past 24 months. Those are the biggies I can see. Seems like a pretty attainable bar.

These kids need to learn how to live off of the meds. Even the high end federal law enforcement agencies like the FBI and Secret Service are frustrated. They get some perfect applicants on paper fresh out of graduate school, then have to DQ 40% of them during the background check as they are on or recently were on anti-depressants or similar bullshit drugs.
You can fuck the fuck off with that fucking boomer bullshit. That's all I have to say to you.

Back
Top Bottom