TSA PreCheck

TowerChower

Coworkers in the FAA have been getting emails saying TSA and FAA have reached an agreement to give FAA employees TSA PreCheck over the next few months since we already meet the requirements for PreCheck. Has anyone else heard of this and if you have do you know the rollout timeframe?

I got an email over a month ago asking if I wanted to opt in. I'd have to re-read it but it sounds like its 100% active for those who have gotten the email and opted in.

This is the first I’m hearing of this, it’d definitely he nice though. I don’t travel enough to warrant the fees/process to get Pre-Check on its own, but if we were auto-enrolled in the program, definitely wouldn’t mind skipping the long lines. I assume we would need to travel with our PIVs?

Coworkers in the FAA have been getting emails saying TSA and FAA have reached an agreement to give FAA employees TSA PreCheck over the next few months since we already meet the requirements for PreCheck. Has anyone else heard of this and if you have do you know the rollout timeframe?
I got the email last week. Clicked the link, and I had my FAA known traveler number (registration complete) within 30 seconds. It couldn't have been easier.

I have Global Entry so it's not really useful, but I thought I'd do it anyway.

I got the email last week. Clicked the link, and I had my FAA known traveler number (registration complete) within 30 seconds. It couldn't have been easier.

I have Global Entry so it's not really useful, but I thought I'd do it anyway.
Damn, I wonder when the rollout to my area is. I got a few trips planned and it'd be nice. Glad it is moving though.

I didn't read the e-mail very closely, but I thought it specified it was for FAA employees with security clearances. Would that apply to tower controllers?

Last edited:
I didn't read the e-mail, but I thought it specified it was for FAA employees with security clearances. Would that apply to tower controllers?
Yeah all controllers terminal and enroute get a security clearance. I think pre check is public trust which is what all terminal guys have

Back
Top Bottom