Voc Rehab

Anyone know anything about using the VA’s Voc Rehab during training? Because of Covid and all the fun that has caused, I’m looking at trying to use Voc Rehab for the duration of my OJTI time, since they are technically certifications we need for our profession, at least as an initial facility/area rating. Just trying to think of what I can do to help keep the bills paid without going into debt while pursuing certification, and how long it’s taking.

Anyone know anything about using the VA’s Voc Rehab during training? Because of Covid and all the fun that has caused, I’m looking at trying to use Voc Rehab for the duration of my OJTI time, since they are technically certifications we need for our profession, at least as an initial facility/area rating. Just trying to think of what I can do to help keep the bills paid without going into debt while pursuing certification, and how long it’s taking.
Your facility should have a secretary (or admin person with similar duties) and they should be able to get you the forms to get it started. They’re also the ones who verify your status as an apprentice and your training hours for the month, etc.

One thing to note is it starts at whatever amount they give you initially and your monthly amount decreases gradually from there

One thing to note is it starts at whatever amount they give you initially and your monthly amount decreases gradually from there
I know with the GI bill, it decreases every 6 months but Voc Rehab is a separate program. I’ve already used most of my GI bill time in the time I’ve been at my current facility, just holding on to the last bit because they will pay the GI bill rate for Voc Rehab if you have any time remaining. But I’m not sure if it follows the same step down rate since it’s a separate program.

I know with the GI bill, it decreases every 6 months but Voc Rehab is a separate program. I’ve already used most of my GI bill time in the time I’ve been at my current facility, just holding on to the last bit because they will pay the GI bill rate for Voc Rehab if you have any time remaining. But I’m not sure if it follows the same step down rate since it’s a separate program.

VRE has a lot more strings attached to get approved. Are you a new hire?

VRE has a lot more strings attached to get approved. Are you a new hire?
Sadly no, three years in the agency and finally back to training after all the Covid stuff… and likely 3-5 years until CPC, and that’s a conservative estimate, I’ve been told

I don’t think you’ll qualify for VRE. It’s designed for transitioning careers because of under/unemployablility. Don’t let me stop you from trying, but based on what I know about the program and my experience, I wouldn’t expect you to meet the requirements.

I don’t think you’ll qualify for VRE. It’s designed for transitioning careers because of under/unemployablility. Don’t let me stop you from trying, but based on what I know about the program and my experience, I wouldn’t expect you to meet the requirements.
Dynamic decisions need to be made

Back
Top Bottom